• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, jr81784 said:

I was actually the one that scooped that up, and even contemplated for about 90 seconds or so.

I’m just getting into Decarlo, (picked up Jetta 1 in the last clink auction) so figured this would be a cool addition.

Congratulations, jr! :applause:You are off to a wonderful start on your DeCarlo collection!

15 hours ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

On the subject of DeCarlo Millies...

Did anyone notice this eBay listing? It lasted all of about 10 seconds before the book sold. ONLY $119.99 :whatthe:

Congrats to whoever got this great deal!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MILLIE-THE-MODEL-20-Marvel-Comics-GGA-w-Hedy-de-Vine-and-Nellie-the-Nurse/352243076441?hash=item520352cd59:g:-VMAAOSwTmtaRuMs

I have a Millie #20 I'll be offering up on a "culling the herd" sales thread in a week or so...  A Crippen 7.5 went for $1,912.00 just the other day on HA.

15 hours ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

On the subject of DeCarlo Millies...

Did anyone notice this eBay listing? It lasted all of about 10 seconds before the book sold. ONLY $119.99 :whatthe:

Congrats to whoever got this great deal!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MILLIE-THE-MODEL-20-Marvel-Comics-GGA-w-Hedy-de-Vine-and-Nellie-the-Nurse/352243076441?hash=item520352cd59:g:-VMAAOSwTmtaRuMs

Even a veteran seller can get burned using BINs when the market for a book takes off. 

In recent years, this genre has been severely undervalued in the price guide. Does anyone have any ideas why? Does it take a long time for the market value to be reflected in the guide? Do they assume that this is just a trend that will die down soon? Are there too many comics in the world to keep up with them all?

I realize that Overstreet is only meant to be a "guide", but when "$100" books are consistently selling for $2,000... (shrug)

2 hours ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

In recent years, this genre has been severely undervalued in the price guide. Does anyone have any ideas why? Does it take a long time for the market value to be reflected in the guide? Do they assume that this is just a trend that will die down soon? Are there too many comics in the world to keep up with them all?

I realize that Overstreet is only meant to be a "guide", but when "$100" books are consistently selling for $2,000... (shrug)

It took 3-4 years for Cindy #37 to catch up in Overstreet. Perhaps they have a criteria of certain number of documented sales?

On the other hand, Four Color #386 (Uncle Scrooge) has been overpriced in Overstreet vs. actual sales by up to 2-3x for at least a decade.

3 hours ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

They have to make sure it isn't just a trend..... I remember when High Grade silver was going for triple guide and OPG slowly increased to about double.... which was just about where everything finally settled in at. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Went to an LCS today to mine the consignment boxes...I couldn't believe what was in one of them for $25...it was all I could do to act nonchalant as I put the book in my pile and bit my tongue...Is this a good one...:insane:

27637616779_ee43e5ef7f_c.jpg

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

I also picked up this...but had to pay more than for the Jetta...Crazy...

The canoe is actually dark candy apple red...but I could not duplicate that with my scanner or photoshop talents...

25545470318_5e70ea0ab4_c.jpg

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

37 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Went to an LCS today to mine the consignment boxes...I couldn't believe what was in one of them for $25...it was all I could do to act nonchalant as I put the book in my pile and bit my tongue...Is this a good one...:insane:

Beauty!! :applause:

And for only $25, you may have acquired the bargain of the year!

1 hour ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Way to score Brian. My favorite one of the run!

On 12/29/2017 at 6:51 PM, jr81784 said:

I was actually the one that scooped that up, and even contemplated for about 90 seconds or so.

I’m just getting into Decarlo, (picked up Jetta 1 in the last clink auction) so figured this would be a cool addition.

What does Jetta 1 look like?  I've only seen 5, 6,and 7...did you mean #5? hm

On 12/31/2017 at 5:17 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I also picked up this...but had to pay more than for the Jetta...Crazy...

The canoe is actually dark candy apple red...but I could not duplicate that with my scanner or photoshop talents...

Great Binky #4 ! and from an LCS even ... WOW 

i collect Binky's but need this one and lots of others too

GREAT pick ups at your LCS, i'm jealous of your LCS...