• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

He was second in most of the boxes. For once, I had a jump on him. I only bought ones I needed or needed an upgrade. They were pretty pricey and since they were a new collection, Terry wasn't giving a lot of latitude on them. So I doubt he really bought that much. Terry had about 6 mag boxes full at the start and still had 4-1/2 boxes left at the end of the show. Terry also told me he hadn't priced or brought them all so I gave him my want list. Since he is local, I might be able to go over and get some more.

Ah, ok. I know he bought a bunch of them, but I guess there are a lot of them left.

Fans of these books should contact Terry O'Neil. He just bought a huge collection of these. Complete or near complete runs of the Marvel ones as well as many other smaller publishers. You just never see these in complete runs. Many I have never seen before. I will post what I got when I get a chance to go through 'em.

Did he have any issues of Tessie, Millie, Hedy, Gay, Joker or Comedy? (i.e. the blondes) :blush:

Yep most if not all of them. Nice. clean mid grades for the most part. The best covers probably went at the show but there were a LOT left. I think I got at least one or two from almost all those titles as well as many more. I completed my Ginger run and a couple of others.Best selection of these that I have ever seen in one place at one time.

Edited by Robot Man

Yep most if not all of them. Nice. clean mid grades for the most part. The best covers probably went at the show but there were a LOT left. I think I got at least one or two from almost all those titles as well as many more. I completed my Ginger run and a couple of others.Best selection of these that I have ever seen in one place at one time.

Thanks for letting us know about this, Robot Man! I just got off the phone with Terry's Comics and I bought quite a few. :banana:

I had two of these in my last sales thread and only wanted to sell one....this was the copy left and it'll be a keeper, unless I can upgrade. If I remember, I think the art inside is Winiarski ?...... I hadn't heard a lot about him, but I was impressed.... if I'm going to keep a book, it needs to be more than just a cover.... I'm hoping to find more of his work for comparison.... I'm not sure yet who did the cover, been too busy to research it lately. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

u3ZBhWQ.jpg

I had two of these in my last sales thread and only wanted to sell one....this was the copy left and it'll be a keeper, unless I can upgrade. If I remember, I think the art inside is Winiarski ?...... I hadn't heard a lot about him, but I was impressed.... if I'm going to keep a book, it needs to be more than just a cover.... I'm hoping to find more of his work for comparison.... I'm not sure yet who did the cover, been too busy to research it lately. GOD BLESS...

u3ZBhWQ.jpg

I'm not sure about the artists, but that's a lovely copy of an awesome book! (thumbs u

u3ZBhWQ.jpg

Love it! I have books I buy for the cover. I have books I buy for the interior. Then once in a while I get a perfect storm and get both. I just love comic books!

6 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I don't like the right edge on this one. But, it's a big upgrade from what I had before...

comwillie15_zpsn1pmunfz.jpg

Strange printing error.  Clearly the front cover image wasn't wrapped around to the back cover.  Not sure I've seen an error quite like that one before. Still a nice book, though.

Here's an example of Goodman's musical titles/shell game approach to avoiding additional licensing fees and what not..... apparently the first issue of Hedy De Vine (# 22) is a continuation of the Young Allies title. This makes it tricky to find some titles in the Gerber's, although Hedy, for some reason, is in the "H"'s rather than the "A"'s. With many Atlas titles, you really need the research provided in OPG to find books in the PhotoJournal, as Ernie tried to keep it all linear, rather than alphabetical. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbs u

EbLKX7m.jpg

...... here's the credits page for Hedy 22..... there's no info at www.atlastales.com yet......

fYhBLbv.jpg

On 2/8/2017 at 3:31 PM, Sqeggs said:

Strange printing error.  Clearly the front cover image wasn't wrapped around to the back cover.  Not sure I've seen an error quite like that one before. Still a nice book, though.

Dang, one of my all time top fav covers.  

I've been looking to upgrade mine a long long time.  Printing errors typical on few of these I've seen - here is my copy.

7112016fix2-701x1024.jpg

Edited by path4play
added photo