• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's DEADPOOL 3 starring Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman (2024)
4 4

520 posts in this topic

On 3/7/2024 at 10:31 AM, D84 said:

My guess would be Blade, Iron Heart, etc.

Sadly, at this point with everything going on, I'd rather not have Blade than have the 2020s Marvel Version of Blade.

On 3/7/2024 at 12:31 PM, D84 said:

My guess would be Blade, Iron Heart, etc.

Except Ironheart is done and has been for some time (reportedly), unless it is going full WB Batgirl for the tax writeoff.

On 3/7/2024 at 11:13 AM, drotto said:

When Iger said that Disney has quietly killed several projects, I wonder how many were connected to the MCU?

And who is to say he was actually telling the truth.  He may have said that to try and "move the needle" on the stock price.  

On 3/11/2024 at 2:12 PM, The Brain said:

FYI - this is a concept trailer by fans.

Wolverine was created for Incredible Hulk #180 by writer Len Wein, designed by John Romita Sr, and drawn by Herb Trimpe back in 1974, before the character was picked up by Wein for Giant-Size X-Men #1. But it seems that this is changing. Former Marvel Comics joint EIC, DC Comics Senior Editor and current Webtoon editor Bobbie Chase has posted to Facebook that;

"Recently my friend and Len Wein's widow, Christine Valada, got a call from Marvel executive David Bogart, informing her that in the upcoming Wolverine & Deadpool movie (coming out this July), Roy Thomas will now be credited as the co-creator with Len Wein and John Romita Sr., and David said it's a done deal. I was standing in Christine's kitchen this past Sunday as she told me about the phone call. Of course Christine is seriously concerned about Len's legacy. Len was profoundly important to the comic book industry, and that legacy is being changed for the worse, six years after his death."

:jawdrop:

On 3/31/2024 at 1:51 PM, media_junkie said:

Any idea as to the reasoning behind that?

Supposedly it is Roy Thomas' manager

Man,  it is such a shame that Bob Beerbohm died before this all kicked off. My thoughts are that this will be the work of John Cimino, Roy Thomas' manager, understandably trying to bulk up his reputation and legacy. Not for the first time. In a 2021 post he wrote:

"What most people don't realize is that when Roy Thomas thought up the character Wolverine for INCREDIBLE HULK #180 (1974) to get more Canadian readers, fellow co-creator Len Wein wanted Wolverine's famous claws (which Johnny Romita designed) to be made out of Adamantium. And who created that unbreakable Marvel metal? Well, our boy Roy of course a few years earlier in AVENGERS #66 (1969)."

Marvel Studios' Deadpool 3 Gets Historic Rating In Japan

Marvel Japan's website has officially confirmed that The Japanese Film Ethics Classification and Rating Organization system, called EIRIN, issued Deadpool & Wolverine an age rating of R15+, a history-making first for a Marvel Studios movie. It is not, however, a first for the Deadpool film franchise.

Fans might be aware that the first two Deadpool movies (2016’s Deadpool and 2018’s Deadpool 2) were produced by 20th Century Fox before it was acquired by The Walt Disney Corporation in 2019. To break things down a bit further, every single Marvel Studios movie before Deadpool & Wolverine was given a G rating in Japan, which the EIRIN website denotes as "General, suitable for all ages." The first two Deadpools, however, were rated R15+, making Deadpool 3’s rating very much expected.

Under the EIRIN system, R15+ films are for individuals aged 15 and older and no one younger than that can be granted admission.

As roughly translated from Japanese, the first Deadpool movie received the R15+ rating for "highly stimulating depictions of murder, bloodshed, and sexual love," whereas the second movie garnered the rating for depicting "severe bodily injury, killing, injury, and bleeding caused by swords and firearms." While the threequel has yet to receive official reasoning for its rating, it's likely to have a lot of overlap in its rating justification.