• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's DEADPOOL 3 starring Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman (2024)
5 5

532 posts in this topic

Man, the marketing and PR for Deadpool is just awesome. I mean, Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds have slow-played DP3 for years. And when they finally follow up on it, the materials are always great. 

On 2/21/2024 at 2:04 PM, The Brain said:

Fake trailer :gossip:

I am conflicted.  I really want to like this, and see lots of promise in the trailer.  I hate that he TVA and multiverse are again at the center of everything.  I am tired of the multiverse.  I also makes me fearful that Disney has too much control of this film, and is cramming in stuff as a desperate way to try and save the MCU. I would prefer if it was just the end to the Deadpool  trilogy similar to what Guardians 3 was. 

On 2/23/2024 at 2:35 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

Chatted with the creator of DeadPool the other day Rob Liefeld. He was on the set. He said without giving too much away. This will be big like a billion dollar box office. I agree. This will bring super hero movies back in the spotlight. Deadpool and Wolverine. Hell yeah! ^^

No offense to you, but OF COURSE he's going to say that. Do you think he'd say that the movie will suck and will tank at the box office?

While I'd love to be optimistic, I don't think this will hit a billion.

On 2/23/2024 at 2:52 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

No offense to you, but OF COURSE he's going to say that. Do you think he'd say that the movie will suck and will tank at the box office?

While I'd love to be optimistic, I don't think this will hit a billion.

No offense taken. you cool. This is the super hero movie though. I believe Rob. If this doesn't do 1 billion box office world wide than we know Super Hero movies are dead at the box office and our mainstream doesn't care any more. I believe in this movie and what Rob Liefeld says that if doesn't hit 1 billion world wide I will personally donate $50  by PayPal  to a charity of your choice and donate another $50 to my bromance partner @Bosco685 charity of his choice. I expect 1 billion worldwide. This is the event movie of 2024. If I a and Rob Liefeld are wrong I be first to admit it. I think this will be the super hero movie that brings them back after turd after turd. Lol. 

On 2/23/2024 at 3:03 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

No offense taken. you cool. This is the super hero movie though. I believe Rob. If this doesn't do 1 billion box office world wide than we know Super Hero movies are dead at the box office and our mainstream doesn't care any more. I believe in this movie and what Rob Liefeld says that if doesn't hit 1 billion world wide I will personally donate $50  by PayPal  to a charity of your choice and donate another $50 to my bromance partner @Bosco685 charity of his choice. I expect 1 billion worldwide. This is the event movie of 2024. If I a and Rob Liefeld are wrong I be first to admit it. I think this will be the super hero movie that brings them back after turd after turd. Lol. 

I think $800-900 million only because it's getting even easier to pirate these things, see them on demand, or just wait it out on the streaming service of choice. 

I am about to sit down and see Oppenheimer on Peacock which was a movie I promised myself I would go see in the theater.  There are a growing number of people that are retaining these various streaming services even as they raise prices and eliminate sharing abilities with the trade off of those same people saying that if they are paying for them, they may as well use them to the best of their abilities. 

On 2/23/2024 at 3:03 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

The Bosco LEGO Love Fundraiser is always taking in well-intended contributions

:shiftyeyes:

On 2/23/2024 at 3:09 PM, Bosco685 said:

Like I said I am about to watch Oppenheimer.  I was going to start on Avengers Tower but might finally start on this for the office. 

image.thumb.png.e34645e9942b0da6d77414b32f8c3af5.pngimage.thumb.png.254b6b6b19b93070e515a9d98f3f7514.png

The Bosco LEGO Love Fundraiser is always taking in well-intended contribution

Sounds good. Just don't let my girlfriend and your wife know about our secret bromance.  Ha ha 😂

On 2/23/2024 at 3:07 PM, Buzzetta said:

I think $800-900 million only because it's getting even easier to pirate these things, see them on demand, or just wait it out on the streaming service of choice. 

I am about to sit down and see Oppenheimer on Peacock which was a movie I promised myself I would go see in the theater.  There are a growing number of people that are retaining these various streaming services even as they raise prices and eliminate sharing abilities with the trade off of those same people saying that if they are paying for them, they may as well use them to the best of their abilities. 

I think the MCU trend of "everything must be One Billion Dollars" needs to go away as it sets a false expectation moving forward "One Billion Or Bust". Save that for the trolls that ride this message.

GotG Vol. 3 even with a downturn in CBM expectations hit 3.4X production budget. Though that was lower than GotG Vol. 2.

image.thumb.png.c76252d327dda1c54a41c7d653427018.png

If Deadpool 3 breaks $800M it is exceeding the prequels trend. Though that ballpark on the production budget will be telling as well.

image.thumb.png.34f64cac0fd8ad1fa304275ee2c95b88.png

Edited by Bosco685