• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN 2 from Marvel & Sony (7/5/19)
4 4

705 posts in this topic

The 'Angry Girlfriend Variant' Amazing Spider-Man #14 is getting even more attention.

It even made Newsweek.

ULTRA VALUABLE 'AMAZING SPIDER-MAN' COMIC DEFACED BY ANGRY GIRLFRIEND IS STILL TREASURED BY COLLECTORS

An issue of Amazing Spider-Man #14 defaced by an angry girlfriend has become a hot item among comic book collectors.

Addressed directly to someone named "Chance," the infamous Amazing Spider-Man issue has an angry message written on the front and back covers in black permanent marker.

"Go to Hell," the front reads, the all-capital letters foregrounded in a black box. A separate message urges the recipient to flip the comic over for further beratement.

"In no way am I trying to be noble or anything like that," the message on the back cover reads, "I never thought I'd be able to destroy something that meant so much to me — as far as I'm concerned you're dead."

Edited by Bosco685

10 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

The 'Angry Girlfriend Variant' Amazing Spider-Man #14 is getting even more attention.

It even made Newsweek.

ULTRA VALUABLE 'AMAZING SPIDER-MAN' COMIC DEFACED BY ANGRY GIRLFRIEND IS STILL TREASURED BY COLLECTORS

Been a while since I've seen that book hahaha

1 hour ago, paperheart said:

$1.075BB WW,, still looks just over/under CM's $1.128BB.  $2BB cume for the MCU Spidey.

That’s only if you count his 2 solo outings also. Homecoming is the only one out of the 5 MCU films Spidey has appeared in, that grossed under 1 billion:

Civil War 1.153B

Homecoming 880M

Infinity War 2.048B

Endgame 2.795B

Far from Home 1.1B +/-

Holland’s 5 appearances have grossed around 8 billion. 

Edited by chezmtghut

38 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

That’s only if you count his 2 solo outings also. Homecoming is the only one out of the 5 MCU films Spidey has appeared in, that grossed under 1 billion:

Civil War 1.153B

Homecoming 880M

Infinity War 2.048B

Endgame 2.795B

Far from Home 1.1B +/-

Holland’s 5 appearances have grossed around 8 billion. 

He is clearly my favorite Spider-Man among all versions. He makes every MCU he is in just that much better. He even pulls off the rarest of feats, a British actor doing an actually good American accent.

11 hours ago, paperheart said:

Is this going to become a "thing" now? First it was the DVDs now they're doing it in the theaters too?

32 minutes ago, Antpark said:

Is this going to become a "thing" now? First it was the DVDs now they're doing it in the theaters too?

As long as the hardcore MCU fans respond to this (especially across the Domestic Market), Disney will start to make this a trend.

Wait until we hear Captain Marvel is getting the same treatment. :popcorn:

HOLY!

Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige won’t produce any further Spider-Man films because of an inability by Disney and Sony Pictures to reach new terms that would have given the former a co-financing stake going forward. A dispute that has taken place over the past few months at the top of Disney and Sony has essentially nixed Feige, and the future involvement of Marvel from the Spider-Man universe, sources said.

This comes at a moment when the last two films Kevin Feige produced broke all-time records — Disney’s Avengers: Endgame became the highest grossing film of all time, and Spider-Man: Far From Home this week surpassed the James Bond film Skyfallto become the all time highest grossing film for Sony Pictures.

Sources said there are two more Spider-Man films in the works that are meant to have director Jon Watts and Tom Holland front and center. Unless something dramatic happens, Feige won’t be the lead creative producer of those pictures.

There is a lot of webbing here, but it all comes down to money, and it’s easy to understand why both sides refused to give ground. Disney asked that future Spider-Man films be a 50/50 co-financing arrangement between the studios, and there were discussions that this might extend to other films in the Spider-Man universe. Sony turned that offer down flat, and I don’t believe they even came back to the table to figure out a compromise. Led by Tom Rothman and Tony Vinciquerra, Sony just simply didn’t want to share its biggest franchise. Sony proposed keeping the arrangement going under the current terms where Marvel receives in the range of 5% of first dollar gross, sources said. Disney refused.

Now, it’s easy to say that Feige has enough on his plate, especially after taking control of the X-Men universe in the Fox acquisition, including the Deadpool franchise, along with architecting the next phase of the Marvel superhero universe and building movies and shows for Disney +. But I’m told Feige loves Spider-Man, arguably the biggest superhero character in the Marvel canon. He would have continued if Disney and Sony could have reached new deal terms.

29 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

Sony never learns.

I wonder if they did. As with the Oscar-winning team from Into The Spider-Verse working on films and TV shows, this could blend into the larger universe now.