• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Love Is Love; Harry Potter's 1st comic app coming Dec 28th?
1 1

187 posts in this topic

I think thats the real question is would CGC put on the label first appearance of harry potter

The HP is a full self-contained work and not a little cameo, so I am almost positive this will qualify as 1st app. NYX #3 is CGC 1st app. of X-23 for one full page panel.

There's nothing else to call it, really.

As for it selling out... yup, it's going fast.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1489451&fpart=170

IDW PUBLISHING

OCT160394 GI JOE (2016) #1 $3.99

OCT160396 GI JOE (2016) #1 BLANK SKETCH CVR $3.99

OCT160400 GI JOE (2016) #1 MICRO COMIC VAR $4.99

OCT160395 GI JOE (2016) #1 SUBSCRIPTION VAR A $3.99

OCT160480 LOVE IS LOVE $9.99

OCT160415 MASK MOBILE ARMORED STRIKE KOMMAND #2 $3.99

OCT160416 MASK MOBILE ARMORED STRIKE KOMMAND #2 SUB VAR A $3.99

OCT160417 MASK MOBILE ARMORED STRIKE KOMMAND #2 SUB VAR B $3.99

OCT160419 ROM #6 $3.99

OCT160420 ROM #6 SUBSCRIPTION VAR A $3.99

OCT160421 ROM #6 SUBSCRIPTION VAR B $3.99

OCT160422 ROM #6 SUBSCRIPTION VAR C $3.99

I think thats the real question is would CGC put on the label first appearance of harry potter

The HP is a full self-contained work and not a little cameo, so I am almost positive this will qualify as 1st app. NYX #3 is CGC 1st app. of X-23 for one full page panel.

Isn't it just one illustration, no story?

Same billing as every other work in it. There is art, there is text (Rowling's). If CGC designated "1st stories" rather than 1st apps., would give pause.

You donate to a good cause and you get a piece of history. I'm not going to obsess over the particulars...

Same billing as every other work in it. There is art, there is text (Rowling's). If CGC designated "1st stories" rather than 1st apps., would give pause.

You donate to a good cause and you get a piece of history. I'm not going to obsess over the particulars...

+1 (thumbs u

+1 (thumbs u

It's a cameo at best. There is not context for a story to be associated with it. You can't really compare it to many other appearances because they are part of a story.

I'm just stating that if people are only buying these to have them slabbed, you may not get what you are hoping for.

+1 (thumbs u

It's a cameo at best. There is not context for a story to be associated with it. You can't really compare it to many other appearances because they are part of a story.

I'm just stating that if people are only buying these to have them slabbed, you may not get what you are hoping for.

Do you have a pic of the page they appear on?

+1 (thumbs u

Do you have a pic of the page they appear on?

Page 1 of this thread........

+1 (thumbs u

On the contrary. A cameo typically involves a small panel, often obscured in some fashion, that is part of a much larger story. A cameo character also doesn't do much if anything significant.

None of this applies here.

On the contrary. A cameo typically involves a small panel, often obscured in some fashion, that is part of a much larger story. A cameo character also doesn't do much if anything significant.

None of this applies here.

Sure thing. Welcome to your opinion, but the cameo vs. first appearance has been beat to death and there is nothing that defines it in every case.

:facepalm: I didn't think that was the finished piece

Yes same image;

737FD4D2-42C2-4623-A0DB-88FC3916A528.jpg

Cool (thumbs u

Edited by ygogolak

so cgc is who will decide what it is exactly? does someone contact them or send it off to be slabbed and wait?

CGC is a grading company who usually includes information about the book. They are not the decider of what is and what isn't.

At the end of the day, all that matters is what you think.

Edited by ygogolak

so cgc is who will decide what it is exactly? does someone contact them or send it off to be slabbed and wait?

CGC is a grading company who usually includes information about the book. They are not the decider of what is and what isn't.

I think harry potter is in a comic book :shrug:

I think harry potter is in a comic book :shrug:

^^