• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What comic related gift did you receive or get for yourself at Christmas?

67 posts in this topic

Wow, A lot of nice comic type presents.

I got, from my sis-in-law, er I guess ex sis-in-law now, but still family, a copy of the The Smithsonian Collection of Newspaper Comics. It's a 6th edition without the dust jacket. Then she asked me if I already had it. Well dang I couldn't fib, but I have the seventh edition I had bought new probably 30 years ago, which is next to it in the below picture. I did tell her that I thought it was a difficult book to find and that I loved it. She and her hubby also got my a Dilbert day by day desk calendar.

My kids wrapped up the latest two slipcase volumes of Mickey Mouse's newspaper strip reprints. I really like reading those old stories.

My sister got me some more comics related glasses, I think they are called tumblers nowadays(?) Pepe, Bugs, Uncle Scrooge, Daffy and Wiley. She also got me the Tales From the Darkside comics and the Peanuts Halloween clock to go with my Christmas clock. That clock goes with my Peanuts Christmas clock which I have not taken down in three years. The Halloween one lets out a creepy howl on the hour and the Christmas one plays one of 12 Christmas songs on the hour. My friends think that I am strange when they hear it in the summer months.

Anyways it is pretty cool to see what you all have gotten too!

IMG_0777_zpsq4dvpuyq.jpg

Lots of good reading this X-Mas! I was apparently a good boy.

Big pics

From the Missus:

sqh5yt.jpg

Also from the Missus. Not comics, but in the wheelhouse, I'd say.

34irec7.jpg

From my folks:

11wbvr9.jpg

From my in-laws:

wjayrb.jpg

And finally, my from me. :devil:

2edv9mt.jpg