• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:
1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Since you always seem to be in the process of upgrading these Centaurs, this thread could go on forever longer then.  9_9

I've probably only upgraded 15 or so, 5 to 6 of which have just been posted or to be posted. So not as many as one would think needing to be posted. But I will 

You never know for sure.

Shall we wait until this coming Thursday afternoon to see if your count goes up any?  (:

On 8/7/2017 at 5:46 AM, G.A.tor said:

Starts and Stripes 2 (1)

there is no issue 1 and not sure there's ever been a valid explanation as to what title this might have continued from, of any

series is 5 issues 

IMG_5331.JPG

Just love these, Rick.  I have tried to follow your posts in this thread so I might have missed it so apologies in case that is the case.  What is the relationship between Khaki Komics from 1941 which has the same cover as this one.  It doesn't have a number and there is still only the copy graded to date (assume it may be yours?) 

Could that have been an attempt at a first issue of this title?

20 minutes ago, telerites said:

Just love these, Rick.  I have tried to follow your posts in this thread so I might have missed it so apologies in case that is the case.  What is the relationship between Khaki Komics from 1941 which has the same cover as this one.  It doesn't have a number and there is still only the copy graded to date (assume it may be yours?) 

Could that have been an attempt at a first issue of this title?

Khaki was a cmo giveaway I believe 

8 minutes ago, telerites said:

Ah, so Stars and Stripes came first.  Does Khaki have the same interior S&S #2 or just the same cover?

I've not seen the interior

i think a boardie owns a copy (bo Hogg iirc)

3 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Stars and Stripes 5

it should be noted that when i sold my centaurs the first go around , I kept this mini run. So these books (except the 4, which I recently upgraded ) are from my original run

IMG_5337.JPG

Can't get over how Bronze Age art style this and the previous cover are. The covers don't 'look' like 40's comics. Stand outs in their own right among the other Centauar classics. 

1 hour ago, sagii said:

Can't get over how Bronze Age art style this and the previous cover are. The covers don't 'look' like 40's comics. Stand outs in their own right among the other Centauar classics. 

I don't know much about cover artist strauss, but maybe that was his over all style

Stars and Stripes 5(6)

i now believe this book to be a top 10 most difficult centaur , rarer than amazing man 26. This book is the main reason I never sold this run first go around. 

IMG_5338.JPG

Edited by G.A.tor

On 8/7/2017 at 6:46 AM, G.A.tor said:

Starts and Stripes 2 (1)

there is no issue 1 and not sure there's ever been a valid explanation as to what title this might have continued from, of any

series is 5 issues 

IMG_5331.JPG

This is my favorite from the short run a great american war cover !

19 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Stars and Stripes 5(6)

i now believe this book to be a top 10 most difficult centaur , rarer than amazing man 26. This book is the main reason I never sold this run first go around. 

IMG_5338.JPG

This does seem to be a tough later book.  Agree with your A-M #26 assessment.  #5 isn't easy either.

Edited by PreHero