• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Star Comics 2/1

seems to be about the most popular /desired issue from the run?

IMG_5155.JPG

Looking at this cover makes me think of the old line (attributed to various actors on their deathbeds):  "Dying is easy. Comedy is hard."

Centaur struggled with their (usually not very) humorous covers, but I like a lot of their action covers. 

50 minutes ago, comicjack said:

Never seen that one other than the Gerbers

Outside of the Berk copy I've never seen one publicly For sale

18 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Star Comics 2/2 is definitely rare, I've never had a chance to own one.

Berks 6.0 and the qualified .5 are only 2 certified copies. I think I will send in mine and make it 3 lol

20 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
20 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Star Comics 2/2 is definitely rare, I've never had a chance to own one.

Berks 6.0 and the qualified .5 are only 2 certified copies. I think I will send in mine and make it 3 lol

You should probably consider doing it with all of your Star Comics with the low census counts because there's a few of them with only 2 or 3 copies listed on the census report, especially if they have a shot at hitting top of census.  hm

Edited by lou_fine

23 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

You should probably consider doing it with all of your Star Comics with the low census counts because there's a few of them with only 2 or 3 copies listed on the census report, especially if they have a shot at hitting top of census.  hm

Only reason I see to slabbing the books would be "if" I needed to sell them. Given I've cracked out about 40 copies , it would be quite an expense 

but I have considered. I've read them all and they appear to be in reprints /photo copies now. hm