• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

Marvel and Disney continue to reign at the awards. The 2021 Emmy Award nominations were announced today and WandaVision grabbed 23 of the 28 nominations including Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany for Best Lead Actress and Actor. Kathryn Hahn gets the award nomination for Best Supporting Actress. WandaVision also was nominated for Best Limited Series and Best Director.

Other notable nominations go to The Mandalorian, The Crown, Cobra Kai, The Falcon and the Winter Solider, Queens Gambit and The Boys. The Mandalorian and The Crown lead the charge with 24 nominations a piece.

During a recent discussion on the Your Mom’s House Podcast, Burr opened up about his experience working on The Mandalorian. In addition to talking about how much fun he had on set, Burr revealed how his casting was the result of running into showrunner Jon Favreau at director Mike Binder’s birthday party. Read what he said below:

“I went to Mike Binder’s birthday party and Jon was there. He said, ‘hey, we’re writing this thing and we kind of have you in mind, you wanna do it?’ And I was like ‘well, I don’t know Jon. I’ve teased Star Wars people a lot.’ And he goes, ‘I know I listen to the podcast, I think it would be funny if you got in it.’”

On 7/29/2021 at 12:19 AM, Artboy99 said:

finally have watched the Mandalorian, thanks to my friend @Piper.

Very good show! I think it is the best Star Wars since Empire Strikes Back.

I will give Disney credit for Rogue One. That film, to me, is right up there with the OT, fittingly enough. 

On 7/28/2021 at 9:19 AM, Artboy99 said:

finally have watched the Mandalorian, thanks to my friend @Piper.

Very good show! I think it is the best Star Wars since Empire Strikes Back.

I took some convincing too from my brother and friends, I was so turned off by the last 2 Star Wars films. Started watching with season 2. 

Am I the only one underwhelmed by this series?

I'd heard all of the the hype and the praise.  When I started to watch it I WANTED to like it.  I wanted to love it.  But now having finished Season 2, I find myself well...underwhelmed.

The visuals were outstanding but I found the storyline to be plodding and the acting wooden.  Even Giancarlo Esposito underwhelmed me - how could that be?

Will I watch a Season 3?  I doubt it at this point.

Edited by pemart1966

Just finished watching this. It's pretty good, actually shocked to see Boba Fett, but with the possibility of seeing Darth Maul again, suppose I shouldn't be that surprised.

Thought maybe that would be it for the series, but they are doing a season 3. Good stuff 

On 10/11/2021 at 12:28 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Just finished watching this. It's pretty good, actually shocked to see Boba Fett, but with the possibility of seeing Darth Maul again, suppose I shouldn't be that surprised.

Thought maybe that would be it for the series, but they are doing a season 3. Good stuff 

Told you there was plenty to see out there even with the pandemic.

:applause: