• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

I may be in the minority here but I am glad to see this form of storytelling from Filoni and Happy. They started this with Mando and his entourage showing up during the Boba Fett series for a few episodes. They have alot of story to tell outside of their main arcs, and it is obvious they are setting up future plot points here. I think they are doing a great job so far with expanding the Star Wars universe beyond the original trilogy storyline, and we are getting to see tons of locations and characters that I really never expected to see. 

Edited by fett

On 3/16/2023 at 3:27 AM, fett said:

I may be in the minority here but I am glad to see this form of storytelling from Filoni and Happy. They started this with Mando and his entourage showing up during the Boba Fett series for a few episodes. They have alot of story to tell outside of their main arcs, and it is obvious they are setting up future plot points here. I think they are doing a great job so far with expanding the Star Wars universe beyond the original trilogy storyline, and we are getting to see tons of locations and characters that I really never expected to see. 

I agree. I enjoyed the story on courissant, and it’s likely an important one considering what happened during the sequels. I just felt it could have fit in better somewhere else in a different episode. Probably not, since that’s where they put it and they do this professionally. I just wanted to more Mando and Bo, because mess was getting real. lol 

On 3/9/2023 at 8:40 PM, Callaway29 said:
  Hide contents

Mando almost drowning because he stepped off a ledge wearing his armor kinda bugged me. I mean, really? A guy like him doesn’t get to where he is by making mistakes like that… At first I thought he was pulled under, but after rewatching and confirming online…consensus is that he just sank like a rock. Any chance it was the mythosaur that pulled him down? Perhaps we’ll find out next episode…

That said, I’m being nit picky…I’m excited for the season.

Seems we got the answer with this weeks episode. (thumbsu

That was a really solid episode.

I'm not clear on some of that former Empire officer actions. But I did enjoy the show making a more personal demonstration of what happened to individuals post-Empire, and the impact on their lives. Including wrestling with personal actions and experiences.

One major thing I picked up on, in our limited look, is that the New Republic seems like it is a far cry from the pre-empire days. I got the sense that it’s just a watered-down empire being run by incompetent folks. It’s no wonder the First Order was able to generate sympathizers and sycophants.

In a way, it parallels the Jedi Council in the final days of its existence, which gave room for the Sith to rise and promising force users like Ahsoka and Anakin to walk away. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

One last thing/rant on the New Republic, it’s a shame that the sequels are forcing these detours in storytelling, but thems the rules now. Had a well developed story been presented to us, there’d be a lot more freedom for storytellers to explore this time after the fall of the Empire. 

There should just be a show called Star Wars: Here’s How We Got There, and it can run for as long as we have garbage cans to pick up after (mostly) JJ Abram’s mess. 

On 3/17/2023 at 9:55 AM, awakeintheashes said:

One last thing/rant on the New Republic, it’s a shame that the sequels are forcing these detours in storytelling, but thems the rules now. Had a well developed story been presented to us, there’d be a lot more freedom for storytellers to explore this time after the fall of the Empire. 

There should just be a show called Star Wars: Here’s How We Got There, and it can run for as long as we have garbage cans to pick up after (mostly) JJ Abram’s mess. 

maybe the next episode will show Senator Padme wake up in the morning, go to take a shower and Annie is in there waiting for her.. It was all a dream babe!! :) 

This weeks ep was really good except I didn't understand one thing:

Spoiler

When Grogu was training with the darts the kid hit him 2x, one shot each time.  When Grogu finally shot back, he did all three at once which counted.  Why didn't the kid just hit Grogu 3x himself?  Did baby Yoda cheat??

On 3/22/2023 at 4:28 PM, fett said:

Nope. He was just all out of bubble-gum. :)

Indeed. Learning that the kid was Vizsla’s son makes the end of the scene better when Vizsla reiterates what Mando said, “one does not speak, unless one knows.”

I know that I am nitpicking here, but, how does the kid survive more than 24 hours in the raptor's belly without oxygen and when he's eventually spit out, he's clean as a whistle with no slime or stomach acids all over his body? :eyeroll:

On 3/22/2023 at 3:46 PM, s-man said:

This weeks ep was really good except I didn't understand one thing:

Hide contents

When Grogu was training with the darts the kid hit him 2x, one shot each time.  When Grogu finally shot back, he did all three at once which counted.  Why didn't the kid just hit Grogu 3x himself?  Did baby Yoda cheat??

Spoiler

They explained the rules ahead of time and said something like "can fire darts in any order"...but I agree.

On 3/23/2023 at 11:23 AM, mr_highgrade said:

I know that I am nitpicking here, but, how does the kid survive more than 24 hours in the raptor's belly without oxygen and when he's eventually spit out, he's clean as a whistle with no slime or stomach acids all over his body? :eyeroll:

Spoiler

This bothered me instantly. Chased the beast for day(s), and within 30sec of their arrival the creature miraculously decides to feed the kid to its young. Why did it wait? How is the kid okay?