• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

If Mando just ended now, I wouldn't be heart broken.  As much as I want to enjoy the show, the writing and cinematography just aren't great.  I mean, the show is passable, but I just think fans expect more from the franchise.  Like, what was the point of the whole side story with the scientist and the communications officer who is apparently a really good spy?  That seems like the kind of thing that could have been done in a future season when that story line is actually the focus.  Or save it as a one off episode between Mando seasons to whet the appetite of viewers for what's to come.  A lot of the show just feels "low budget" and I go back to how I think it's due to their over-reliance on The Volume.  I worry about the quality of Ahsoka in August despite that at least having what will hopefully be a more focused storyline.

On 4/19/2023 at 7:10 PM, ExNihilo said:

Like, what was the point of the whole side story with the scientist and the communications officer who is apparently a really good spy? 

They definitely didn’t need a whole episode for it. At least now we know why she was trying to fry his mind at the end of that episode. Seems like she’s the only one left who knows about Gideon’s clones. 

I did enjoy the battle scenes in this episode and where it sets Mando going forward…which is basically where the series started except now he’s got a kid and is more selective in his jobs. 

On 4/19/2023 at 7:10 PM, ExNihilo said:

Like, what was the point of the whole side story with the scientist and the communications officer who is apparently a really good spy?  

It will tie it in to Ahsoka as she is already in the trailer for the show. That in turn will tie it to Thrawn and then tie to the Star Wars movie that has probably been planned well before we were aware of it. 

On 4/19/2023 at 7:23 PM, Buzzetta said:

It will tie it in to Ahsoka as she is already in the trailer for the show. That in turn will tie it to Thrawn and then tie to the Star Wars movie that has probably been planned well before we were aware of it. 

Was that the special trailer they showed at Star Wars Celebration?  Because she doesn't appear in the teaser trailer that was publicly released 2 weeks ago.

On 4/19/2023 at 10:23 PM, Buzzetta said:

Yup, Ahsoka hunts down the big bad while Mando is now hunting down Imperial remnants in the outer rim and beyond. There was a whole council presented to us for him to knock off. Could make for a fun story. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 4/19/2023 at 10:32 PM, ExNihilo said:

Was that the special trailer they showed at Star Wars Celebration?  Because she doesn't appear in the teaser trailer that was publicly released 2 weeks ago.

I didn’t see her in it. I think she basically has a get out of jail free card if she wants it. With Pershing probably a vegetable now, her ties to Gideon are severed. Unless…she was spying on Gideon for someone… Then, that could provide for her to show up in Ahsoka. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 4/19/2023 at 10:32 PM, ExNihilo said:

I thought this was her.  I know she is in the series. 

ScreenShot2023-04-19at11_05_42PM.thumb.png.663b8a4c769283d691f84d78897491a9.png

Edited by Buzzetta

<Amy Farrah Fowler> "Well... there was a lot of action..." xD

Pretty solid wrap-up of a season that had several very unbalanced episodes. Great action, very "Star Wars" feel, yet still fresh with the Mandalorians midair-battling. Cool stuff. 

Spoiler

Din Grogu!!! 

:applause:

I agree with others who said the series could easily wrap up here and be satisfied.

Or, bring Mando & Son in for special appearances in other series'. 

Edited by jcjames

Love the aerial fight scenes - something we haven't seen before (at least I haven't) which was really cool. Great wrap-up. Still mad that Gina Carano is gone.

On 4/20/2023 at 12:27 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Love the aerial fight scenes - something we haven't seen before (at least I haven't) which was really cool.

Definitely the first time we’ve seen it in live action, and it was done very well and on par with what we’ve seen in Clone Wars and Rebels. 

On 4/20/2023 at 9:27 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Love the aerial fight scenes - something we haven't seen before (at least I haven't) which was really cool. Great wrap-up. Still mad that Gina Carano is gone.

Gina's "acting" was wooden from the very beginning.  Her departure from the show isn't any loss.  It'd be better if they had recast Cara Dune and used the new actress instead of Captain Teva.

On 4/20/2023 at 10:34 AM, ExNihilo said:

Gina's "acting" was wooden from the very beginning.  Her departure from the show isn't any loss.  It'd be better if they had recast Cara Dune and used the new actress instead of Captain Teva.

I like Gina in the things she's in - but I would have been just fine if they recast Cara Dune - who was a great character for the show. Disney has a way of cutting off it's nose to spite it's face when it comes to decision-making on it's most popular brands.

On 4/20/2023 at 9:42 AM, Dr. Balls said:

I like Gina in the things she's in - but I would have been just fine if they recast Cara Dune - who was a great character for the show. Disney has a way of cutting off it's nose to spite it's face when it comes to decision-making on it's most popular brands.

Disney is kicking butt on Star Wars.  Andor was fantastic! They proved they could tell adult stories in the Star Wars universe and make them entertaining and incredibly well-acted. Mandalorian is great fan service in line with the traditional Star Wars tone.  And they are using the TV shows to fill in the gaps in the main movies much like Agent Carter successfully did.  Ahsoka looks like a good show based on the teaser and it seems clear that Mando and Ahsoka are leading up to the cloning of the Emperor and the contraction of the rebellion that led to the Rey movies. I'm much happier with Star Wars today then I was in the Jar Jar Binks days, and that's clearly due to Disney.