• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

On 4/12/2023 at 1:00 PM, mr_highgrade said:

Now, this is the way! :sumo:

That was the way. 
:golfclap:

Nice to see the Praetorian Guard in real action instead of wasted as simply looking cool in the Sequels. 

Spoiler

Elder Hux

was a nice touch as well at the beginning. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 4/12/2023 at 2:29 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I have no doubts the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who put together the sequels had no idea about basic Star Wars concepts and lore outside of the OT. Johnson had enough knowledge of some deep cuts to hold a conversation with someone at a convention, but never really understood how and why things work.

It has been F&F's job to try to make the sequel trilogy make canonical sense by inserting basic SW principles, which as we've seen through the ridiculous amount of content produced, is a much heavier lift than what Filoni had to do to make the prequels palatable (possibly preferred by late millennials and Gen Z) with his work on Clone Wars and Rebels. I'd be surprised if the Rule of Two doesn't get even a passing mention during Mando, Ahsoka, or Filoni's movie.

Just to support that, is little gem of a rumor came out today.  Like everyone guessed at the end of TFA.

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-rey-obi-wan-kenobi-daughter/#:~:text=The mystery of Rey's parents,question within Star Wars fandom.

On 4/12/2023 at 11:00 PM, drotto said:

Just to support that, is little gem of a rumor came out today.  Like everyone guessed at the end of TFA.

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-rey-obi-wan-kenobi-daughter/#:~:text=The mystery of Rey's parents,question within Star Wars fandom.

Exactly. Such a mess.

I would not be surprised that if Filoni's movie is well received that it spins off to other D+ shows or more movies that focus on certain characters fighting the Thrawn's First Order - similar to Rebels existing in the same timeline as the OT. But, while the OT and Rebels are both well regarded, Filoni's spin offs, if done well, could render the sequels mostly inconsequential and ultimately as forgettable as they should be. Short of our memories being erased, neutering the events of the sequels is the closest we will get to the them never happening. 

On 4/12/2023 at 11:22 PM, CheeseFrog said:

That was a fantastic episode!

Reveal hidden contents

No… no… no… no… 

Looking forward to next week… 

This isn't working out for me.

On 4/12/2023 at 11:22 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Exactly. Such a mess.

I would not be surprised that if Filoni's movie is well received that it spins off to other D+ shows or more movies that focus on certain characters fighting the Thrawn's First Order - similar to Rebels existing in the same timeline as the OT. But, while the OT and Rebels are both well regarded, Filoni's spin offs, if done well, could render the sequels mostly inconsequential and ultimately as forgettable as they should be. Short of our memories being erased, neutering the events of the sequels is the closest we will get to the them never happening. 

I find it a little odd that Filoni is doing this and Favreau feels somewhat left out.

On 4/12/2023 at 11:26 PM, drotto said:

I find it a little odd that Filoni is doing this and Favreau feels somewhat left out.

I'm sure Favreau will be getting top producer billing and money. They go back a ways, at least to the Clone Wars. I've always viewed their relationship as Favreau knows Filoni has the Star Wars brains and vision, and Favreau guides him through the reality of dealing with Hollywood people and puts him in the best place to succeed to make his vision a reality.

On 4/12/2023 at 7:31 PM, awakeintheashes said:

That was the way. 
:golfclap:

Nice to see the Praetorian Guard in real action instead of wasted as simply looking cool in the Sequels. 

Excellent episode. 

4.5/5 stars. 

Only flaw/question... 

Spoiler

Why does Grogu just stand and watch Din get taken captive. Can't he use the force to protect him, or throw a projectile at Gideon? He must remember he's the baddie-bad guy who kidnapped, tortured and tried to kill him. Take him out Grogu!! Or at least launch him into the pit! Ah well, drama. 

Edited by jcjames

Is there ANY chance that Grogu is just pretending to be a "baby"?

Yoda was introduced as a goofy creature who wanted to make jokes, steal Luke's food, and hit R2D2 with a stick. He was pretending.

When Grogu needs to do something "older" he does it without much problem. It seems possible that he's young, but not "baby" young. Like a smart teenager who is pretending to be younger because of his size.

Edited by valiantman

On 4/13/2023 at 10:50 AM, valiantman said:

Yoda was introduced as a goofy creature who wanted to make jokes, steal Luke's food, and hit R2D2 with a stick. He was pretending.

When Grogu needs to do something "older" he does it without much problem. It seems possible that he's young, but not "baby" young. Like a smart teenager who is pretending to be younger because of his size.

EDIT: Very possible! 

RE-EDIT: But, wouldn't Ahsoka have figured that out from their "chat"? 

Edited by jcjames

On 4/13/2023 at 8:22 PM, jcjames said:

EDIT: Very possible! 

RE-EDIT: But, wouldn't Ahsoka have figured that out from their "chat"? 

Ahsoka most likely focused on his recent feelings of attachment to Din Djarin, not on the full 50 years of his history.

On 4/13/2023 at 1:50 PM, valiantman said:

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes 

no 

xD

On 4/14/2023 at 12:02 AM, mr_highgrade said:

Somehow, I feel great danger is waiting for one of the main characters next week. :eek:

95d34dff3afd7007fb0452f2038e9b59.png

Same. Pascal’s stunt double posted something cryptic on instagram recently.

"This next episode is gonna make you wish you hadn’t asked for more… it might just hurt too much.”

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 4/13/2023 at 1:50 PM, valiantman said:

Baby Yoda's developement stage makes little sense considering the one (arguably two) point of reference we have.  We have a 50 year old creature acting like a human 1 1/2 years old.  We know Yoda died at 900 plus years old.  Based on that we have a species that ages at about 1/10 the human rate, if we say Yoda is an exceptional old example.   Using that rate, Grogu should be the equivalent of a 5 year old human developmentally. 

Edited by drotto

On 4/12/2023 at 3:02 PM, Bosco685 said:
On 4/12/2023 at 2:06 PM, valiantman said:

I think they tricked Christopher Lloyd into being in the show by saying "we want you to be in the Man & Delorean show" :shy:

I saw that poster he shared on social media - it was funny then.

:baiting:

Some jokes are inevitable... similar to how more than one person can walk outside and say "look, it's snowing". It doesn't mean the second guy heard the first one somewhere miles away.

Yeah, I dunno Disney / Star Wars just crazy. So I watched the Andor show and it was pretty good and grounded series but the episode 11 :( Rebel character Luthen escapes from Imperial Destroyer because apparently he has ship which can easily destroy four TIE fighters and a Destroyers tractor beam.. 

The Mandalorian episode 22 was like Star Wars Christmas special and episode 23 was okay but the Grogu robot body and the overall feel of the episode was totally different than previous episodes(except 22 which was like What?!?) 

On 4/13/2023 at 10:48 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Same. Pascal’s stunt double posted something cryptic on instagram recently.

The final moments of his interrogation have been leaked online:

0A2C99EB-E5C6-45B9-ABCA-ADE2E9623EAF.gif