• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

On 3/23/2023 at 11:55 AM, Callaway29 said:
  Hide contents

They explained the rules ahead of time and said something like "can fire darts in any order"...but I agree.

Hide contents

This bothered me instantly. Chased the beast for day(s), and within 30sec of their arrival the creature miraculously decides to feed the kid to its young. Why did it wait? How is the kid okay?

I could only attribute it to lazy writing. (shrug)

Confirmed but spoiler

Character from the past makes an appearance 

Spoiler

Zeb from Rebels is credited.  He was present in the Rebel Base scene and voiced by Steve Blum his original actor. 

Looks like we are getting live action Rebels in some format. 

image.thumb.jpeg.d4b219021ece28911c6442d88cb26a5b.jpeg

On 3/29/2023 at 4:33 AM, Buzzetta said:

Confirmed but spoiler

Character from the past makes an appearance 

Reveal hidden contents

Zeb from Rebels is credited.  He was present in the Rebel Base scene and voiced by Steve Blum his original actor. 

Looks like we are getting live action Rebels in some format. 

image.thumb.jpeg.d4b219021ece28911c6442d88cb26a5b.jpeg

Great episode, but seeing him in live action eclipsed it all for me. 

On 4/6/2023 at 7:27 AM, bentbryan said:

This weeks episode felt wonky to me. 

The ending could have happened at the end of the Mandalore episode. Been a lot of filler. It felt like a Clone Wars or Rebels episode.

F&F have taken that approach this season, which works for an animated show with a lot of episodes/season, but doesn’t work well with live action and the limited episodes allotted per season. 

On 4/6/2023 at 8:10 AM, awakeintheashes said:

The ending could have happened at the end of the Mandalore episode. Been a lot of filler. It felt like a Clone Wars or Rebels episode.

F&F have taken that approach this season, which works for an animated show with a lot of episodes/season, but doesn’t work well with live action and the limited episodes allotted per season. 

definitely felt like filler.

On 4/7/2023 at 9:03 AM, Callaway29 said:

Yup, this week's episode was a total dud...

I love Christopher Lloyd (he was fine in the role, but could have been memorable in a different one), but stunt casting like this comes across as distracting, desperate, and pulls me out of the story.  It is also somewhat anti Star Wars.  Lucas always resisted stunt casting, and often favored lesser knows, because he knew stuff like this pulls the audience out if the story.

On 4/7/2023 at 9:18 AM, drotto said:

I love Christopher Lloyd (he was fine in the role, but could have been memorable in a different one), but stunt casting like this comes across as distracting, desperate, and pulls me out of the story.  It is also somewhat anti Star Wars.  Lucas always resisted stunt casting, and often favored lesser knows, because he knew stuff like this pulls the audience out if the story.

Yeah, I remember how weird it was when Samuel L Jackson was cast as Mace Windu. To a lesser extent, Ewan McGregor as well. 

I’m not a fan of it. At least be as some masked or CGI character. 

Two episodes left, and while I’m enjoying it, there have been a lot of missed opportunities this season. 

I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed…

On 4/7/2023 at 8:28 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

So they announced a Filoni feature film based on the Mandalorian and friends.  Will most likely tie up all the TV series plotlines.  Thrawn vs everyone?

Yeah. Probably Heir to the Empire. Thrawn is defeated but the First Order remains and is empowered. Hands off to the sequels. 

On 4/7/2023 at 6:18 AM, drotto said:

...but stunt casting like this comes across as distracting, desperate, and pulls me out of the story.  It is also somewhat anti Star Wars.  Lucas always resisted stunt casting, and often favored lesser knows, because he knew stuff like this pulls the audience out if the story.

There's a story?

hm 

xD

Edited by jcjames

On 4/8/2023 at 8:45 AM, NewWorldOrder said:

This show is going downhill fast.

I felt as if I was watching a cringey Alice in Wonderland once those 2 dopes showed up.

I cancelled Disney plus so I will make it through this terrible season of the Mando-baby sitter S3, but after that I have no faith anymore Disney has a clue what they are doing.  None of the MCU shows have been good and have no real impact on the movies (which have sucked anyway).

Andor was good quality writing, acting, directing. 

This though is just getting way way off from where it started in season 1. 

The show is actually still intriguing especially with the announcement that Filoni has been tasked to direct a culminating movie that brings in Ahsoka, Book of Boba Fett, the Mandalorian and anything else they have up their sleeve. 

Ahsoka already showed that the Imperial Officer that was introduced as still being part of an Imperial Cell and loyal to Gideon will be featured on its show. 

Since the movie was probably in talks before and during production of Season 3 of the Mandalorian certain shows will probably be used to start steering us in the direction toward wherever the movie will be at the finish line. 

Star Wars "fans" really are very hard to please.  Filoni has rarely disappointed when it comes to his work.  I am sticking with it and look forward to his live action Season 5 of Rebels.  Ahsoka show.