• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,651 posts in this topic

Thanks, guys. I've had that one for a while and finally decided to have it slabbed. Here's a couple more:

fight47.jpg

The Rangers #21 is one of my favorites and does have very nice, bright colors.

rangers21.jpg

They look great Walter :applause:

Thanks, guys. I've had that one for a while and finally decided to have it slabbed. Here's a couple more:

fight47.jpg

rangers21.jpg

I've always wanted a copy of rangers #21 with deep colors like those - the cover looks so much better in the case of this particular issue.

Here's my copy for comparison - see what I mean?

RangersComics21CGC80Rockford_zpsa7ad83bf.jpg

fight47.jpg

rangers21.jpg

I've always wanted a copy of rangers #21 with deep colors like those - the cover looks so much better in the case of this particular issue.

Mine falls somewhere in the middle on the reds but has weak yellows. Such a challenge to find a truly great copy of some of these.

Rangers21_zps0dfe2dc2.jpg

Edited by cheetah

The color on that 4.5 copy of Rangers 21 is ... incredible!

I've got the Lost Valley copy, and those often have eye-popping colors.

But the LV #21 is still a bit muted ...

rangers_21.jpg

I often wonder how much the variations in colors on these old fiction house books is just printing differences.

Examples I have are my Planet Comics 54 8.0 which is very deep orange front cover versus others I have seen which are yellow.

fight47.jpg

rangers21.jpg

Mine falls somewhere in the middle on the reds but has weak yellows. Such a challenge to find a truly great copy of some of these.

Rangers21_zps0dfe2dc2.jpg

Including the Lost Valley copy, I can't believe I just saw 4 copies of Rangers 21 in the same thread!! :o

That is a tougher book to locate. I wonder if it is a tough issue or tough to find one for sale since it has such a cool cover?

Probably the ones with the more vivid colors were earlier in the print run.

What! they couldn't bother to reink the plates knowing how important this was going to be to us 75 years later? :sumo: