• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,639 posts in this topic

Nice book October!! I take it you have other Nick Cage Planets?

Not quite in the same grade category, but its my first Fiction House book!! Thought I'd start with PLANET #1 (G/VG raw). I am slowly building a nice collection of 1939-1940 sci-fi comics.

Coincidently, today I received in the mail my first PLANET pulps as well... some really nice covers in the batch.

1378033-planet%231POST.jpg

589a8eb7e9262_1378033-planet1POST.jpg.0ec74df55903aa8c4bbc0aeecb841ed0.jpg

Edited by RyanH

Not quite in the same grade category, but its my first Fiction House book!! Thought I'd start with PLANET #1 (G/VG raw). I am slowly building a nice collection of 1939-1940 sci-fi comics.

Coincidently, today I received in the mail my first PLANET pulps as well... some really nice covers in the batch.

I have the Planet 66 as well. It's posted somewhere in this thread.

SWEET Planet 1!!! I would love to snag a copy of that one, but it's out of my price range. Very cool. cloud9.gif

Way to start off with a bang Ryan!!

893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks guys... I figured this year I'd try to aquire some nice lower grade key books, and then revert back to lower end books ($100 to $400 price point), after I have a nice core built up. But once you get the bug, its really hard to stop (I'm sure no one can relate to this! 27_laughing.gif )

The Fiction House books are really starting to appeal to me...

Thanks guys... I figured this year I'd try to aquire some nice lower grade key books, and then revert back to lower end books ($100 to $400 price point), after I have a nice core built up. But once you get the bug, its really hard to stop (I'm sure no one can relate to this! 27_laughing.gif )

Run! Run away now before you, too, are sucked into the vortex of Fiction House! (I don't need the competition... frown.gif)

Is your next purchase going to be Planet Comics #2?

hail.gif

Run! Run away now before you, too, are sucked into the vortex of Fiction House! (I don't need the competition... frown.gif)

Is your next purchase going to be Planet Comics #2?

Not to worry, I will have to make myself focus on my "grails", so as not to get sidetracked (as is very easy to do in this hobby!). The PLANET #1 was more of a splurge... Centaur's, Fox's and Timely's will eat up most of my funds!!

There was a pretty nice low grade #2 and #10 on Ebay a while back... anybody on the boards get those? I bid, but they climbed pretty high in the last hour of bidding.

Absolutely awesome books. hail.gif

I myself have recently started to concentrate on Planet Comics and keep running into the Fiction House problem of having one or more colors missing from the cover. How difficult is it to complete a run of these books with full color covers?

Anyhow, here is a nice reader I picked up recently along with one of the better stories in this issue.

Planet22.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

NorgeBenson1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

NorgeBenson2.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

NorgeBenson3.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

NorgeBenson4.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

NorgeBenson5.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

NorgeBenson6.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thanks for posting the interior art!! Great to see... I happen to love stories/art dealing with arctic-type climates (for some reason).... really cool stuff we would otherwise probably never see.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

What a great story! Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for posting the interior art!! Great to see... I happen to love stories/art dealing with arctic-type climates (for some reason).... really cool stuff we would otherwise probably never see.

It's like some demented Carl Barks tale.

It's like some demented Carl Barks tale.

27_laughing.gif I was thinking Donald on steroids.