• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,639 posts in this topic

Bet you guys didn't get your copy for $25 like I did..... cloud9.gif

Someone mentioned wanting to see more Planets?...

100_1083.jpg

STEVE Got Larson?

TRADE?

1428926-Planet21frontafter.JPG

planet214dt.jpg

not for trade

unfortunately, I paid a wee bit more. Tell you what, how about making a quick 200% profit on your #21? 27_laughing.gif

I did put a few dollars into it as it has slight P , tape removed, reinforced tear, cleaned and pressed by Matt Nelson as part of the pressing experiment.

I figure that I probably have $100 into it right now....so I'm not going to make a killing on it these days if I sell....although it presents very nicely and doesn't have the major warbling and heavy water stains that it once had.

200% profit off my original $25 purchase won't cut it these days. 27_laughing.gif

Love seeing the early Planets.

I just got my first Church book -- and it looks even better in person!

rangers_23_MH_mine.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif

Comparing the MH 9.0 to others you may own.....what do you see as the major differences? The mystique of MH is ever present and the colors look incredible.

For those of you who appreciate the early issues of Wings, Metro suddenly

has a tremendous selection of Church copies.

I don't know where these came from (I just noticed them a few days ago), but

there are 13 Church copies available. They're out of my price range, but they

are tempting.

http://outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed.com/lme24

(I have no connection to Metro other than as an occasional customer)

gozer

-----------------

Hurry, hurry! Each "Matlock" could be our last.

Love seeing the early Planets.

I just got my first Church book -- and it looks even better in person!

rangers_23_MH_mine.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif

Comparing the MH 9.0 to others you may own.....what do you see as the major differences? The mystique of MH is ever present and the colors look incredible.

I can see the colors are nice. But can't make any comparisons to others books or other MHs unless they are in hand.

For those of you who appreciate the early issues of Wings, Metro suddenly

has a tremendous selection of Church copies.

I don't know where these came from (I just noticed them a few days ago), but

there are 13 Church copies available. They're out of my price range, but they

are tempting.

http://outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed.com/lme24

(I have no connection to Metro other than as an occasional customer)

gozer

-----------------

Hurry, hurry! Each "Matlock" could be our last.

Were these part of the recent Heritage auction?

This looks to be, IMHO, the direction Metropolis is going: less over all inventory and more high grade pedigree books. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This looks to be, IMHO, the direction Metropolis is going: less over all inventory and more high grade pedigree books. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Some of them were. It's disheartening to see books that I was tracking on Heritage show up on Metro's site for 50% more then they sold for on Heritage. Books that were just a little out of my reach are now way out of my reach tonofbricks.gif

Some of them were. It's disheartening to see books that I was tracking on Heritage show up on Metro's site for 50% more then they sold for on Heritage. Books that were just a little out of my reach are now way out of my reach tonofbricks.gif

bottom line....if you want a MH book....you're going to have to pay throught the nose for it if metropolis gets a hold of it....

I say this without looking at their prices???

tonofbricks.gifsumo.gif

Now I'll go look to see if I have to retract that sumo flowerred.gif

bottom line....if you want a MH book....you're going to have to pay throught the nose for it if metropolis gets a hold of it....

No you're right... an example would be Wow Comics #23. You can get the Church 9.2 copy for $1450 or you can Upgrade to the Rockford CGC 9.4 copy (highest census) for $150 less ($1300). That's just crazy to me.

No you're right... an example would be Wow Comics #23. You can get the Church 9.2 copy for $1450 or you can Upgrade to the Rockford CGC 9.4 copy (highest census) for $150 less ($1300). That's just crazy to me.

I understand where you're coming from if we take the myopic view of only considering the technical (9.4 versus a 9.2) grade of a book.

However, experienced collectors know that Rockfords tend to have brown interior covers, and the Church books usually have whiter pages. So in reality, the Church copy will almost always be much more desirable than a Rockford ...even at a higher price and in a (slightly) lower grade.

STEVE Got Larson?

I understand where you're coming from if we take the myopic view of only considering the technical (9.4 versus a 9.2) grade of a book.

However, experienced collectors know that Rockfords tend to have brown interior covers, and the Church books usually have whiter pages. So in reality, the Church copy will almost always be much more desirable than a Rockford ...even at a higher price and in a (slightly) lower grade.

STEVE Got Larson?

Yeah, I agree with this statement. When I got Church copy of Rangers Comics #19 in the mail last week, I was stunned at how glossy the cover was. I can honestly say that the colors on that book looked better than any other GA book in my collection. hail.gif