• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,639 posts in this topic

However, experienced collectors know that Rockfords tend to have brown interior covers, and the Church books usually have whiter pages. So in reality, the Church copy will almost always be much more desirable than a Rockford ...even at a higher price and in a (slightly) lower grade.

STEVE Got Larson?

Ok now that makes sense to me. I'm still trying to learn the nuances of the different pedigrees. Hopefully they'll have this kind of info in the pedigree book that Matt and West are working on.

Were these part of the recent Heritage auction?

This looks to be, IMHO, the direction Metropolis is going: less over all inventory and more high grade pedigree books. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Some of them were. It's disheartening to see books that I was tracking on Heritage show up on Metro's site for 50% more then they sold for on Heritage. Books that were just a little out of my reach are now way out of my reach tonofbricks.gif

Actually, none of them were.

S

>> When I got Church copy of Rangers Comics #19 in the mail last week

Skybolt -- can I have that book if you die? Or as an alternative, I'm still up for

adoption in case you'd rather go that route.

Could you post a scan? I'm curious about that book, since I happen to have

the 9.6 Penn copy of #19. It would be great to see them side-by-side.

Here's the Penn copy (this is not my scan, this is an image stolen from

when it was on the Metro site):

rangers_19_mine.jpg

>> When I got Church copy of Rangers Comics #19 in the mail last week

Skybolt -- can I have that book if you die? Or as an alternative, I'm still up for

adoption in case you'd rather go that route.

Could you post a scan? I'm curious about that book, since I happen to have

the 9.6 Penn copy of #19. It would be great to see them side-by-side.

Here's the Penn copy (this is not my scan, this is an image stolen from

when it was on the Metro site):

rangers_19_mine.jpg

That is an amazing looking copy Gozer. hail.gif

I just sent mine in to get CGC graded, and I'm thinking either a 9.2 or 9.4 tops. I think your book will remain at top of census for sure.

Here's my copy:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Those Rangers and Fight books are superb! Congrat's on owning such lovely copies.

I've always concentrated on Planet, Jumbo, and Jungle...perhaps it's time to look in a different direction.

STEVE Got Larson?

Those Rangers and Fight books are superb! Congrat's on owning such lovely copies.

I've always concentrated on Planet, Jumbo, and Jungle...perhaps it's time to look in a different direction.

STEVE Got Larson?

Those Planets sure do get expensive once you get into the 8.0 and above range. Thankfully, the later Jumbos and Jungle books are still reasonably priced in HG.