• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,632 posts in this topic

and this Planet 14 that I finally located a copy of ( wow tough book to find )

PlanetComics14_zpsc5c1defe.jpg

That's cool cover! Nice pick up Karl

Thanks Vern!

14's are scarce, just as scarce as 15's

You outbid me on this one, super looking book. (thumbs u

Thanks Vern!

My max bid was only a couple of bucks more than for what the auction went for. :P

The book presents nice but it has some issues.

There is some bug chew in the interior pages.

Overall I am happy to get it. Low grade book but the front presents very nicely.

Let me know if you want to see. I can do a back scan and some interior pics.

Thanks Vern!

Very tough book slowly getting that run together .Congrats!

Thanks Vern!

My max bid was only a couple of bucks more than for what the auction went for. :P

Overall I am happy to get it. Low grade book but the front presents very nicely.

I remember it looked like there was a piece out of the back cover top of spine and read about the chews. It would be great to see a few interior page scans. :foryou:

Thanks Vern!

I remember it looked like there was a piece out of the back cover top of spine and read about the chews. It would be great to see a few interior page scans. :foryou:

I'm at work so cant check my copy until later, but if memory serves these scans are from that issue and therefore that copy when I had it.

P1010011-1.jpg

P1010012-1.jpg

P1010010-1.jpg

Thanks Vern!

I'm at work so cant check my copy until later, but if memory serves these scans are from that issue and therefore that copy when I had it.

P1010011-1.jpg

P1010012-1.jpg

P1010010-1.jpg

Interesting.

I will scan the back and do some interior pics when I get home. I think it is either a different book, or something has happened to it since it left your hands. Maybe the interior was switched but the book has some serious bug chew inside. I am at work, will show later.

Interesting.

I will scan the back and do some interior pics when I get home. I think it is either a different book, or something has happened to it since it left your hands. Maybe the interior was switched but the book has some serious bug chew inside. I am at work, will show later.

More likely it's from another issue and I just lost track of which one as it was a couple of years back. Thought I saw a wormhole at the bottom of the pages which is why I may have drawn the wrong conclusion. Darn - now I'll have to figure out which issue those are from! Nice art isn't it?

Interesting.

More likely it's from another issue and I just lost track of which one as it was a couple of years back. Thought I saw a wormhole at the bottom of the pages which is why I may have drawn the wrong conclusion. Darn - now I'll have to figure out which issue those are from! Nice art isn't it?

I really do like the art, the covers of the Planets are excellent. I seem to like the early issues into the 'teens and early 20's the best though. I love 14, and I am drawn to the black covers like 22 and 25.

For reading I have started to pick up the Planet Comics collected works I have book 1 and 2 now.

http://www.amazon.ca/Planet-Comics-Fiction-House-Collected/dp/1848634625

Interesting.

I really do like the art, the covers of the Planets are excellent. I seem to like the early issues into the 'teens and early 20's the best though. I love 14, and I am drawn to the black covers like 22 and 25.

For reading I have started to pick up the Planet Comics collected works I have book 1 and 2 now.

I have 1 and 2 also and pre-ordered #3 (thumbs u

Fun to read so far .

I am very excited for Volume 4 (Planet 13,14,15,16)

Interesting.

Fun to read so far .

Is volume #3 due out soon Kelly? Do you know?

Interesting.

Fun to read so far .

I get mine at cheapgraphicnovels.com and they say release date for Volume 3 is February 18.

Interesting.

Fun to read so far .

I get mine at cheapgraphicnovels.com and they say release date for Volume 3 is February 18.

I also have pre-ordered through my LCS and I was told "end of Feb" for #3.

I am in Canada though so it may be a slightly different date.

For those who were interested here are the promised images of the Planet 14. Flex I am sure it is a different book.

I am almost wondering if the hole at the top on the cover that goes through the whole book is from the old days when they sometimes used to bore holes so they could hang the books. My friend thehumantorch has a Marvel Mystery 20 with one of those. I suggest that because of the placement, and it does look different than the bug chew holes.

PlanetComics14back_zps7bd5c6fe.jpg

001_zpsf22764f7.jpg

The book unfortunately has some bug chew in the interior that is rather severe. Thankfully other than the one spot visible there is no other bug chew on the cover.

43e36fd7-f968-41dd-b99e-ae35365277db_zps09bae256.jpg

Splash page from Wings 35. Wow!

wingssplash035.jpg

:o(worship)

That's a fantastic splash page!

Fantastic indeed!

There are a LOT of great splashes & panels like this one in Wings Comics. A very underrated title.