• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,632 posts in this topic

No chance at individual book. I have tried multiple times. Only for sale as a group.

Thanks, it is what I figured. Would be something to see some of those books. Church copy of the Planet 15 as an example. Heck 1-20 would be a thrill to see.

Couple more 2013 Planet Comics purchases. Scans using my new HP 7400 C legal scanner. :)

PlanetComics36CGC8_5Rockford_zps404577bb.jpg

PlanetComics35CGC7_5_zps45b524a0.jpg

Two very nice books. Jolly green giant is very cool. Planet 35 is the first Mysta of the Moon, a great story. Your Planet collection seems to be coming along nicely. (thumbs u

No chance at individual book. I have tried multiple times. Only for sale as a group.

Yikes! I can imagine the type of offer it would take to land that group! :o

Million dollars enough? hm

My guess would be much less, even if they were all 9.4. A Church Planet #1 above 9.4 might change that though.

My guess would be much less, even if they were all 9.4. A Church Planet #1 above 9.4 might change that though.

Didn't Burrell Rowe own all the Fiction House Churches? If he owned the Planets, they may not have been stored properly and may not be very fresh.

Couple more 2013 Planet Comics purchases. Scans using my new HP 7400 C legal scanner. :)

Two very nice books. Jolly green giant is very cool. Planet 35 is the first Mysta of the Moon, a great story. Your Planet collection seems to be coming along nicely. (thumbs u

Thanks! I am down to needing 19 books. I have a couple of the hard ones, and for some reason I am finding it hard to obtain some books in the 60's range. Missing 3 books in the 20-62 run and it looks very cool to see them all together sequentially. Love the covers of these books. I picked up the recent hardcover release that reprints the books and I am reading that.

Thanks! I am down to needing 19 books. I have a couple of the hard ones, and for some reason I am finding it hard to obtain some books in the 60's range. Missing 3 books in the 20-62 run and it looks very cool to see them all together sequentially. Love the covers of these books. I picked up the recent hardcover release that reprints the books and I am reading that.

Need group shot!

Let's assume all the books are 9.4's ( unlikely ) but for this discussion let's say so. Certain books in that grade would command a premium ( all the scarce Gerber 7-8 types).

I agree 1 million is to much, but 500K+ is not out of the question IMHO.

I assume the non-keys would go about $4,000 to $5,000 each at auction. That would give a likely base of $300,000 plus the additional price of keys. I would guess the run would bring in $450,000 to $500,000 baring an insane bidding war. I could see the set exploding in an auction if the right folks were involved.