• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,632 posts in this topic

Interesting.

I will scan the back and do some interior pics when I get home. I think it is either a different book, or something has happened to it since it left your hands. Maybe the interior was switched but the book has some serious bug chew inside. I am at work, will show later.

More likely it's from another issue and I just lost track of which one as it was a couple of years back. Thought I saw a wormhole at the bottom of the pages which is why I may have drawn the wrong conclusion. Darn - now I'll have to figure out which issue those are from! Nice art isn't it?

I really do like the art, the covers of the Planets are excellent. I seem to like the early issues into the 'teens and early 20's the best though. I love 14, and I am drawn to the black covers like 22 and 25.

For reading I have started to pick up the Planet Comics collected works I have book 1 and 2 now.

http://www.amazon.ca/Planet-Comics-Fiction-House-Collected/dp/1848634625

I like those Planet covers too.

11969856756_0fb267443e_b.jpg

A bit of a tease but I just picked up 60 fiction house in the wild. Nice shape too but I only saw them via FaceTime. Most are the classic GGA - wings, rangers, jungle, jumbo.

Can't wait to show them off.

A bit of a tease but I just picked up 60 fiction house in the wild. Nice shape too but I only saw them via FaceTime. Most are the classic GGA - wings, rangers, jungle, jumbo.

Here we go.

Score of the Month!!!!!! for 1/2014

Nearly all VG - Fine with a few with tape. Hoping for an OO collection but this was probably bought in the late 1970's early 1980s. I'll show the rest of the (non FH) books shortly.

006.jpg

And then a full run of 1954

Maid in France - 30 1 sheet chapters

Bound Over - 10 1 sheet chapters

Bondage Correspondence - 9 1 sheet chapters

This link is a guy selling ebooks of the Maid in France and gives a background on these. Otherwise I found very little via google or ebay.

These are done on Photographic paper which is pretty cool. I believe he did some risque Bettie Page stuff as well.

While NSFW, there's minimal outright nudity, but clearly not PG.

MODs if you want to delete, feel free but this is pretty tame stuff, all said and historically interesting at least..

http://www.30sg.com/content/802-mif-sw-pp

005.jpg

Here we go.

Score of the Month!!!!!! for 1/2014

Nearly all VG - Fine with a few with tape. Hoping for an OO collection but this was probably bought in the late 1970's early 1980s. I'll show the rest of the (non FH) books shortly.

006.jpg

:applause:

2 latest Planet acquisitions thanks to a couple of fellow board members.

This #63 is such a wonderful copy, it looks fantastic in hand:

planet63_zps4e00d7ac.jpg

Picked this 19 up and I am happy with it, rather decent colors for this book which tends to have rather faded blues.

PlanetComics19_zps9561f7d9.jpg

planet63_zps4e00d7ac.jpg

Picked this 19 up and I am happy with it, rather decent colors for this book which tends to have rather faded blues.

#19 - one of the very best covers on the run IMO. Love that copy.

planet63_zps4e00d7ac.jpg

#19 - one of the very best covers on the run IMO. Love that copy.

Both are great but the blues on the Spider cover are exceptional! :applause:

Straw-man posted his new gorgeous copy of Wings 64 a couple of months ago and I was kicking myself for not having bid on it. Lo and behold, Dale Roberts offers me this beauty of a copy not three weeks later.

Wings64804x1280_zps6a057251.jpg

This was my old copy.

Wings64.jpg