• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,639 posts in this topic

Hello everyone...I am still quite new to Fiction House collecting, and do not have the big books - however, I did pick up this one recently for a decent price (probably due to the color loss on the cover), and do love the cover and the interior artwork as well. Other than the color loss the book is really tight and in great shape!

Plantet50_zps2acca219.jpg

This is another Planet, not in the best shape, but still a good start for me. Love the cover!

planet49_zps4fb543a5.jpg

Two nice books. I especially like the interior art for the Auro lord of Jupiter in #50. Great reads for sure. The 49 has good coloring. Many do not have the red on the lower left part of the cover like your does.

I don't blame him lol did he have fights?

I am sure there was a nice run somewhere in there. :o

HappyGACollector.jpg

Looks like he invented natural pressing.

Holy mess mother of god!! :o

I wonder if that's how all of us will turn out in the end hm

I am afraid I am very close to that condition. I could put on a few more pounds and take the comics out of the 100 plus boxes and stack them up for the final touch.

6776972057_e11195450b_z.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

I have an interest in obtaining a Church copy of a Planet Comics book. Any number will do, but my question is did the Church collection contain any books from the entire run?

My information so far suggests there were no Planets in the collection.

I have an interest in obtaining a Church copy of a Planet Comics book. Any number will do, but my question is did the Church collection contain the entire run?

Don't recall having seen a slabbed Church Planet. I assume he would have bought most of the run, though. hm

I have an interest in obtaining a Church copy of a Planet Comics book. Any number will do, but my question is did the Church collection contain the entire run?

Don't recall having seen a slabbed Church Planet. I assume he would have bought most of the run, though. hm

It is my assumption as well, but I have found no information on whether the Church collection even contained Planets, I also have not found any CGC slabbed.

It is my assumption as well, but I have found no information on whether the Church collection even contained Planets, I also have not found any CGC slabbed.

The Church collection contained the complete (or near complete) run of Planets. It was purchased by Overstreet and was sold to Geppi along with Guide and his collection. Metropolis purchased it but where (or whether) it's gone since then I don't know.

The Church collection contained the complete (or near complete) run of Planets. It was purchased by Overstreet and was sold to Geppi along with Guide and his collection. Metropolis purchased it but where (or whether) it's gone since then I don't know.

Aren't they the ones in the photojournal?

I thought Stephen still owned the set? (shrug)

Edited by Flex Mentallo

Fishler owns nearly all but I understand there is at least one other person who owns a small number.

Appreciate the info. In addition to getting the full run ( challenging! ) I am also trying to have a book from each pedigree. ( Yikes! )

So far I have a Toldeo, Rockford, Lost valley and a Bethlehem.

Fishler owns nearly all but I understand there is at least one other person who owns a small number.

Jeff is correct. Fishler owns all except 7 or 8 issues. If you go through the CGC Census data , most of the highest graded are the Mile High books. I do know that the #1 is not CGC graded.

Edited by kelholt

I went back and looked at my notes from the last conversation I had with Metro about the group.

They do not have the following Planet Comics Mile High issues:

25,37,40,41,55,57,62, and 64-67.

I went back and looked at my notes from the last conversation I had with Metro about the group.

They do not have the following Planet Comics Mile High issues:

25,37,40,41,55,57,62, and 64-67.

any possibility they might sell a book? What is your thought?