• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,632 posts in this topic

One of the new arrivals.

Ken

image.jpg1_zps5wztvevl.jpg

:cloud9:

..... maybe my favorite Jungle cover, I've been looking for the "right" copy for a long time...... :golfclap:

GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

That's one of my favorites as well! :applause:Jungle159.jpg

Hi Fiction House enthusiasts. I'm relatively new to the boards. I was also out of town last week, which is why I'm late to comment/post on the ComicConnect Planet Comics #14.

I was the winning bidder of #14. And am very excited! So many bizarre things on that cover...

When I saw my bid for the Heritage Auctions version of Planet #14 get smothered, I re-energized for the ComicConnect version. Price-wise it seems like the CC #14 @ 4.0 was more or less on scale with the HA #14 @ 5.0.

Actually golddust40 was right: there was not really any extended bidding. I put in a bid a few minutes before the end, and was surprised (and pleased) that it didn't budge any further.

Picked this issue up at a local comics shop that had it on layaway for me. Sorry for the mediocre phone pics, best I can do at the moment.

Cheers

Jason

IMG_20160622_1429492_zpsw42w51ju.jpg

Super nice book. The cover for 30 has so much going on. (thumbs u

Picked this issue up at a local comics shop that had it on layaway for me. Sorry for the mediocre phone pics, best I can do at the moment.

Cheers

Jason

Gorgeous copy Jason, that blue is spectacular.

Here is my copy:

PlanetComics30CGC70front_zps69848a63.jpg

Hi Fiction House enthusiasts. I'm relatively new to the boards. I was also out of town last week, which is why I'm late to comment/post on the ComicConnect Planet Comics #14.

I was the winning bidder of #14. And am very excited! So many bizarre things on that cover...

When I saw my bid for the Heritage Auctions version of Planet #14 get smothered, I re-energized for the ComicConnect version. Price-wise it seems like the CC #14 @ 4.0 was more or less on scale with the HA #14 @ 5.0.

Actually golddust40 was right: there was not really any extended bidding. I put in a bid a few minutes before the end, and was surprised (and pleased) that it didn't budge any further.

Nice pick up, I was considering making a run at that copy to upgrade the one I have but decided to not bother since the level of upgrade just wasn't enough.

Glad it went to a good home.

One of the new arrivals.

Ken

image.jpg1_zps5wztvevl.jpg

:cloud9:

..... maybe my favorite Jungle cover, I've been looking for the "right" copy for a long time...... :golfclap:

GOD BLESS...

+1 Is that a pedigree?

Not listed as such on the CGC label but I was wondering if the pencil markings are familiar to anyone as some sort of pedigree designation. White pages too.

Ken

:applause: Congrats! One of my favorites, and the blue is outstanding on this copy. (thumbs u

Cheers

Jason

Thanks for the nice compliments everyone. The pic they had up on their website was pretty fuzzy and low resolution (that's how I initially found the book), when I saw it in person, it looked much better and decided to pick it up immediately once we agreed on a price.

I could be wrong, but I don't recall OPG listing any of the Planets as having a "Classic Cover"......... never understood that..... but I always considered 30 to be one that should be.... GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12

I could be wrong, but I don't recall OPG listing any of the Planets as having a "Classic Cover"......... never understood that..... but I always considered 30 to be one that should be.... GOD BLESS...

That's a travesty Jim! I guess it would be hard when every 3rd book in a run reads "Classic Cover" though. hm

Cheers

Jason

Gorgeous copy Jason, that blue is spectacular.

Here is my copy:

PlanetComics30CGC70front_zps69848a63.jpg

He is mine. A lot of FH people chase the Reds on the cover, but when the blues are bold they can be just as pretty

image_zpssg69spcc.jpg