• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,632 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, october said:

Picked this up a week ago. 

Someone wrote across the top, which sucks, but whatever. I'll live with it. 

58fe7640835fb_001(235).thumb.jpg.03193a040ea22c1efa215417499b270b.jpg

Andy, I think you could probably erase that and really make that book look good.  Or just doodle over the writing.

14 minutes ago, walclark said:

Andy, I think you could probably erase that and really make that book look good.  Or just doodle over the writing.

Good call. Wings is kind of dumb anyway, so I put a badass Deadpool sticker over it. PROBLEM SOLVED.

58fe7640835fb_001(235).thumb.jpg.03193a040ea22c1efa215417499b270b.jpg

Edited by october

On 4/27/2017 at 2:05 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

New one today. I think the raw I had before was at least this nice. Just one of the most brightly colored Planets.

fc.jpg

Allow me to sandwich your 69 in between raw slices of 68 and 73 -- recent pick-ups from C2E2.

Planet_68_300_5w9q_zpsknym072r.jpg

Planet_73_300_5w9q_zpsym0qawnt.jpg

On 4/24/2017 at 3:35 PM, Doohickamabob said:

He asked me to ask you Fiction House experts the following question.

"Hope all is well.  Just wondering if you could check with the boardies and find out why CGC has no graded copies of Jumbo Comics 1 to 8.  I was under the impression it was because of their size (so much larger than the other books) that they wouldn't fit in the standard CGC holders.  However, it seems like they could use a magazine size holder and they shouldn't be excluded from grading.  I would like to know since I am seriously considering getting those books graded (if it can be done)."

Got an answer to the above question from CGC recently. One of their representatives wrote, "I checked with our graders and unfortunately we are unable to grade this book (Jumbo 7); it is too large for us to safely encapsulate."

So CGC can encapsulate magazines, but not extra-large-sized golden age comics.

17 hours ago, BB-Gun said:

It is good to see the color pop on some of those Fiction House comics.  I purchased a new Jungle 77 and added it to some of the other bright copies.

33586090583_1420d7b5a0_b.jpg

Nice, bright colorful copies BB! I don't know about you guys, but I just can't buy those ink starved, faded books no matter what the technical grade. MUCH rather have a lower grade one with colors that pop.

18 hours ago, BB-Gun said:

It is good to see the color pop on some of those Fiction House comics.  I purchased a new Jungle 77 and added it to some of the other bright copies.

33586090583_1420d7b5a0_b.jpg

the #20 looks especially nice.

23 hours ago, Doohickamabob said:

Got an answer to the above question from CGC recently. One of their representatives wrote, "I checked with our graders and unfortunately we are unable to grade this book (Jumbo 7); it is too large for us to safely encapsulate."

So CGC can encapsulate magazines, but not extra-large-sized golden age comics.

Jumbo 1 - 8 are the size of placemats.

SD Con Geekfest Group.jpg

they are indeed; and it was cool to personally eyeball said placemats, once upon a time.

curious:  are those oversized early masters the same size as these?   i'm assuming either "yes" or "nearly," as there is no census info on 1-6.