• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,632 posts in this topic

This one came in the mail today. I am super excited to see that this one exists where the girl is wearing a Red dress and Red shoes. I usually see this one with light orange tones throughout the entire cover. The red dress makes the green uniforms and the stone faces really Pop. Nice page quality an added bonus too ??

One fun aspect of this cover is that the damsel is in ALOT of distress. She is being chased by atleast 3 bad guys with guns and swords, She looks to be very high up on top of a statue, she seems to be in the middle of an escape, her footing seems to be failing and a fall eminent as her "hero" is barely holding on to her.....and if that wasn't enough, an eerie hand is coming toward her feet holding a snake ready to strike. 

IMG_0856.JPG

15 minutes ago, kelholt said:

This one came in the mail today. I am super excited to see that this one exists where the girl is wearing a Red dress and Red shoes. I usually see this one with light orange tones throughout the entire cover. The red dress makes the green uniforms and the stone faces really Pop. Nice page quality an added bonus too ??

One fun aspect of this cover is that the damsel is in ALOT of distress. She is being chased by atleast 3 bad guys with guns and swords, She looks to be very high up on top of a statue, she seems to be in the middle of an escape, her footing seems to be failing and a fall eminent as her "hero" is barely holding on to her.....and if that wasn't enough, an eerie hand is coming toward her feet holding a snake ready to strike. 

IMG_0856.JPG

Love it Kelly!!

12 hours ago, kelholt said:

IMG_0856.JPG

Very awesome!

Actually, based on the expression on her face, I think she is more than able to take care of herself!

15 hours ago, kelholt said:

IMG_0856.JPG

:whatthe: Why isn't this mine?

11 hours ago, lbcolefan said:

This is my 1st post in this thread but I just won these tonight on clink.

They are the 1st Fiction House books I've owned since the 80's but I couldn't resist the horror covers!

I guess you could call these the poor man's Ghost Comicslol

image.jpg

I don't know that you can call these the poor man's anything. Awesome books!!

19 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Nicest color I've ever seen on that book. I wouldn't even want your old copy after seeing the new one...

I thought a bit about consigning it so it would sell next lot after on Clink and thought... Nah.  I strongly feel that same way. I honestly think the Orange 7.0 next up following that bright 9.0 would turn out a dismal sum for the 7.0.  As you can see side by side the 7.0 looks ill and faded. It's actually a beautiful 7.0, but next to the 9.0 :sick:

32 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

I thought a bit about consigning it so it would sell next lot after on Clink and thought... Nah.  I strongly feel that same way. I honestly think the Orange 7.0 next up following that bright 9.0 would turn out a dismal sum for the 7.0.  As you can see side by side the 7.0 looks ill and faded. It's actually a beautiful 7.0, but next to the 9.0 :sick:

Its all about the color Chris. I barely noticed the technical grade of the two copies. Say, if they were both graded the same (and shouldn't be with the color difference), who would care about the "faded" one? I would almost always take a lower grade technical grade copy with color like that than a high grade technical copy with weak color. It's a beauty!

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Its all about the color Chris. I barely noticed the technical grade of the two copies. Say, if they were both graded the same (and shouldn't be with the color difference), who would care about the "faded" one? I would almost always take a lower grade technical grade copy with color like that than a high grade technical copy with weak color. It's a beauty!

As the hobby becomes even more cover focused, and people can actually see the variations in many FH books, it seems the market is responding to strong color strikes on FH books, particularly those that are usually more  "faded" looking.  This book is rarely seen with a rich color strike, and even if the grades were reversed, a 7.0 that looks like this might well sell for more than a comparatively dull looking 9.0.