• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 2017 ComicLink show 'em if you got 'em thread
11 11

789 posts in this topic

It was definitely a bargain hunter's paradise the last two weeks....I think the extended auction format (what is it,10 night's now?) really hurt a lot of the consignors. Remember when c-link auctions where three nights long, and how people complained about that? 10 nights? That's like a Iron Man competition worth of bidding...160+ pages of stuff.....insane.

I ended up with 63 slabs, at about $87 each, after postage and assuming I don't bid on anything tonight. Some top purchases include Iron Fist # 14 CGC 9.6, Batman Adventures: Mad Love CGC 9.8, Black Panther # 1 CGC 9.6, Grendel # 1 CGC 9.4, Silver Surfer # 44 CGC 9.8, Sgt. Fury # 11 CGC 9.2, Daredevil # 9 CGC 9.0, etc. Lots of lower end slabs in the $30-$50 range that normally go for $60-$100+, etc. Overall, a really nice haul of stuff for the price...and you can't beat the shipping (less than $2/book). Good way to replenish my eBay store on the cheap and take home a few gems for myself.

It was definitely a bargain hunter's paradise the last two weeks....I think the extended auction format (what is it,10 night's now?) really hurt a lot of the consignors. Remember when c-link auctions where three nights long, and how people complained about that? 10 nights? That's like a Iron Man competition worth of bidding...160+ pages of stuff.....insane.

I ended up with 63 slabs, at about $87 each, after postage and assuming I don't bid on anything tonight. Some top purchases include Iron Fist # 14 CGC 9.6, Batman Adventures: Mad Love CGC 9.8, Black Panther # 1 CGC 9.6, Grendel # 1 CGC 9.4, Silver Surfer # 44 CGC 9.8, Sgt. Fury # 11 CGC 9.2, Daredevil # 9 CGC 9.0, etc. Lots of lower end slabs in the $30-$50 range that normally go for $60-$100+, etc. Overall, a really nice haul of stuff for the price...and you can't beat the shipping (less than $2/book). Good way to replenish my eBay store on the cheap and take home a few gems for myself.

+1 real cheap slabs.

I already received my books...

Did anyone else notice the new labels on the back?

Are you talking about the little black stickers?

Yes

Yes

Can you remove them easily?

Yes

I got some on my last C-link auctions last go around, they're still a pain to get the sticky off. At least they made them smaller though. :mad:

Yes

Can you remove them easily?

I just tried now. I actually pulled the sticker straight off (with no cleaner / goo be gone stuff) the first slab on the first attempt in one piece. However it did leave some residue that I will take care of tomorrow. The new slab design makes it a little tougher to get in there and remove it.

Edited by Buzzetta

10 minutes ago, deadleg said:

Bumping this thread cause there's some auctions ending soon. I got my eye on one book but I fear it's going to sky rocket within the next day.

I put in, what I thought were some very aggressive bids (significantly beyond GPA high), and they have all been shot past already.

7 hours ago, grube09 said:

I put in, what I thought were some very aggressive bids (significantly beyond GPA high), and they have all been shot past already.

Not much chatter but that Action 23 is already going for 2.5x what the previous high water mark for a 6.5 sold for in 2013.  Haven't done that much comparison on other books but Supes (or Lex) is hot. 

I put in 10 low ball bids on books and 3 have been outbid already.  My luck is I will win one which will prompt me bid the next few days to ease the shipping cost.