• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 2017 ComicLink show 'em if you got 'em thread
11 11

789 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Not exactly sure what I'm seeing with Comiclink or Comicconnect's auctions.  Lots of lower grade stuff, much of which is selling for less than the price of grading.  Guess I can understand with having to sell ALL of the  Berk books.  What's the rationale for Comiclink?

Perhaps you are only looking at the Comiclink session that was running last night? Here's when the particular sessions ended:

Tues, 7/25: Session 1, Evening 1 Select, Key & High-Grade Silver and Bronze Age Comics (pre-1976)
Wed, 7/26: Session 1, Evening 2 Select, Key & High-Grade Silver and Bronze Age Comics (pre-1976)
Thurs, 7/27: Session 2: Golden Age comic books and Superman Memorabilia
Fri, 7/28: Session 3, Evening 1: CGC Graded Late Bronze, Copper and Modern Age Comic Books (post-1975)
Mon, 7/31, Session 3, Evening 2: CGC Graded Late Bronze, Copper and Modern Age Comic Books (post-1975)
Tues, 8/1, Session 4: Assorted Comics and other Memorabilia
Wed, 8/2, Session 5: Original Art
Thurs, 8/3 Session 6: Sports Cards

There were plenty of high grade books selling for high grade prices on the other nights. "Assorted Comics" is where they relegate lower grade books for bottom feeders like myself.

Edited by Dick Pontoon

The "assorted comics" lots I bid on went for guide or better in their grade, which is too pricey for bottom feeding. I can often get good deals on mid-grade slabs at well under guide for those grades, but not last night.

2 minutes ago, ARCHIVED COLLECTIBLES said:
14 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Hope you paid a lot!  :wishluck:

Think there is only a handful of these. Anything under $1K is a great price for this one.

Double last GPA, but under $1K.  The boy did good on both accounts lol

In terms of prices compared to 90 day GPA would people say it was a strong first day or weak one?  I glanced at some of the ASM 9.8s but lost interest fairly quickly.

11 hours ago, Guardian Comics said:

Was watching #85 and #91 very closely but didn't pull the trigger.  Need to understand the market more for those Joker covers before jumping in head first.

Jim

The market is gapping up again on these covers. I have been watching since late 2015, and did not start pulling the trigger on them until earlier this year, which was a year too long to wait. doh!  Prices have doubled on a lot of the late 40s through early 50s classic Joker and Catwoman covers over the past 12 - 18 months. Even the early to mid 60s Joker covers are creeping up now as well.

8 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

In terms of prices compared to 90 day GPA would people say it was a strong first day or weak one?  I glanced at some of the ASM 9.8s but lost interest fairly quickly.

Of the three books I was paying attention to, two seemed awful strong, a 'Tec #85 and a 'Tec #91.  I'm wondering how the CC auctions might have effected sales as well.  For example.  At 8:00 a Bats #181 9.0 W goes off and ends at $4,000, last sale being $1800 and the GPA high is $1875 (both sales in 2016) but at 10:10 on CL a Bats #181 9.4 W ends at $6700, with the last sale and GPA high being $6450.  So one is an abberation, just not sure which one hm

Jim

9 minutes ago, Guardian Comics said:

Of the three books I was paying attention to, two seemed awful strong, a 'Tec #85 and a 'Tec #91.  I'm wondering how the CC auctions might have effected sales as well.  For example.  At 8:00 a Bats #181 9.0 W goes off and ends at $4,000, last sale being $1800 and the GPA high is $1875 (both sales in 2016) but at 10:10 on CL a Bats #181 9.4 W ends at $6700, with the last sale and GPA high being $6450.  So one is an abberation, just not sure which one hm

Jim

Go ask Eric.  He'll explain it to you.