• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Artists that are really garbage ...(or artists you don't like)
2 2

133 posts in this topic

You know, when I read the thread title... all I could think of was all those stories of people who have paid money to artists for commissions and then spent months/years trying to track them down to either get their money back or get their promised sketch.

To me.. THOSE are the only artists that are truly "garbage."

Beyond that it's just personal taste.

And yeah, back in the day -- Frank Robbins stuff on the Invaders and any time Tom Lyle drew Spider-Man it was like someone was sticking a knife in an open wound... but hey, if some people like that stuff... fine with me.

I see you and raise:

(in the video Liefeld says the character throws explosive boomerangs. Why someone would want to throw an explosive that is coming back to them is a mystery.)

You know, when I read the thread title... all I could think of was all those stories of people who have paid money to artists for commissions and then spent months/years trying to track them down to either get their money back or get their promised sketch.

To me.. THOSE are the only artists that are truly "garbage."

Beyond that it's just personal taste.

And yeah, back in the day -- Frank Robbins stuff on the Invaders and any time Tom Lyle drew Spider-Man it was like someone was sticking a knife in an open wound... but hey, if some people like that stuff... fine with me.

Well said. (thumbs u

I love Adam Strange but I avoid the Lee Elias issues like the plaque.

j5kr3n.jpg

There are much worse SA artists, such as Paul Reinman and Tony Tallarico.

Still getting work? Well, that knocks off Ditko...

Hmmm.... Liefeld I don't think has ever done a single image that I liked..

That's all I got... even Kirby had a few panels I could appreciate... but, yeah, Liefeld, nothing.

John Romita Jr, Walt Simonson

I love both of 'em, especially Walt. :cloud9:

I agree with an earlier poster: most of this is personal taste. There are some Garbage People working in the industry, but as for the art, that's all in the eye of the beholder. Well said, person who isn't me that I won't take the time to scroll back and properly quote!

I don't understand people hate Greg Land I think he's great. I have an original page and its amazing. So he traces-guess what-many many artists trace. Big deal. There's a huge step from tracing to making a solid piece-ask any non artist to try it-it will look awful. Hell ask most artists to do it-it will still look awful.

I don't understand people hate Greg Land I think he's great. I have an original page and its amazing. So he traces-guess what-many many artists trace. Big deal. There's a huge step from tracing to making a solid piece-ask any non artist to try it-it will look awful. Hell ask most artists to do it-it will still look awful.

I recall seeing this on him a while ago - http://comicvine.gamespot.com/greg-land/4040-2064/forums/greg-lands-art-why-i-hate-it-take-178-407907/