• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auctions Catalog

389 posts in this topic

Anyone get theirs yet? some great stuff in there.

Dammit 893censored-thumb.gif

I don't get the catalog anymore, so I tend to forget when they're having a big auction...

But of course your post made me go and visit the Heritage site, one hour later and I've bid a little over $10.000.... 893censored-thumb.gif

Now, of course, I won't win a single lot, but it will give me a few sleepless nights boo.gif

For several weeks now, I've been getting mail from Heritage...

Only it is addressed to "Lee Kahm" not "Larry Kahm"...

And it is for coins, not comics! foreheadslap.gif

I've tried calling and writing to make the change over, but it hasn't seemed to have any effect.

Larry

The package arrived on Saturday and consumed a good part of my afternoon flipping through the three catalogs.

I'm particularly struck by the Byrne Uncanny X-Men original art. That X-Men #113 cover inked by Bob Layton is absolutely incredible!!

Got mine today...stuffed like a size 10 foot into a size 8 shoe into my P.O. box...took me 10 minutes to get it out without damaging the 3 marvelous catalogs.... Christo_pull_hair.gif

I have my eye on a certain piece of OA but I guess it will all depend on the bidding and how much I can sell between now and then... crazy.gif

Got mine today...stuffed like a size 10 foot into a size 8 shoe into my P.O. box...took me 10 minutes to get it out without damaging the 3 marvelous catalogs.... Christo_pull_hair.gif

I have my eye on a certain piece of OA but I guess it will all depend on the bidding and how much I can sell between now and then... crazy.gif

Mine was the same way. The carrier jammed it into my mail box and it took some effort to extract the books without damaging them. The Priority envelope was shredded in the process.

For several weeks now, I've been getting mail from Heritage...

Only it is addressed to "Lee Kahm" not "Larry Kahm"...

And it is for coins, not comics! foreheadslap.gif

I've tried calling and writing to make the change over, but it hasn't seemed to have any effect.

Larry

After spending an inordinate amount of money with Heritage last year, my reward was to somehow be taken off their comic catalog mailing list and instead be put on their mailing list for every one of their other types of auctions, none of which I give a [#@$%!!!] about. foreheadslap.gif After several emails to Heritage, I finally got a response recently from Lon Allen promising to fix it. We'll see...

Absolutely amazing stuff in this auction - one of their best ever!

I never thought I'd say this, but there's actually too much good stuff in this auction! Without a doubt the strongest Marvel SA offerings I've seen from them in quite a while, and the usual great assortment of everything else.

I criticized Heritage pretty vocally when they started holding their signature auctions too frequently and badly diluted their offerings, so in all fairness I must give them kudos for putting together a great auction this time.

Maybe they thought you didn't want comics anymore after you bought the "Big Gun". grin.gifhi.gif

27_laughing.gif Good point, hadn't occurred to me that Big Brother would want to make sure I was maintaining good financial discipline. They're right, maybe I should quit while I'm ahead. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe they thought you didn't want comics anymore after you bought the "Big Gun". grin.gifhi.gif

27_laughing.gif Good point, hadn't occurred to me that Big Brother would want to make sure I was maintaining good financial discipline. They're right, maybe I should quit while I'm ahead. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif [/quote}

gossip.gif I think this was a "pun." That is, that Heritage thought you would be interested in things other than comics since you bought a "gun."