• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE SUICIDE SQUAD directed by James Gunn (2021)
3 3

803 posts in this topic

See now that's the kind of movie they need to be making that trailer looked great. There's like half a dozen too many characters, but they just can't seem to understand that, so I'm gonna stop beating the dead horse. Elba and Cena are gonna be hilarious, King Shark is aquatic groot with a slightly better vocabulary don't "@" me, and Starro? That's what I'm really here for! I wish Marvel would put out a Kaiju movie with the wealth of Kirby monsters they have. Give me Orrgo vs Zzutak please. 

5 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

There's like half a dozen too many characters, but they just can't seem to understand that, so I'm gonna stop beating the dead horse.

Yeah - but if they do this right, they'll kill off literally half of them. See also: the first Mission Impossible film where the whole first team (minus Cruise) dies in the opening minutes.

Between Cena's dialogue and King Shark, this looks amazing!

2 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Yeah - but if they do this right, they'll kill off literally half of them. See also: the first Mission Impossible film where the whole first team (minus Cruise) dies in the opening minutes.

I'm hoping Starro is mission 1 and he just eats/flattens/lasers at least half of them. If I counted right they have 16 members on the team (most of whom are just people Gunn likes to collaborate with like Michael Rooker, Nathan Fillion and his brother Sean Gunn) so cutting that down to 8 or less would be ideal. There's definitely a reason they already greenlit a spinoff for Cena...

13 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Sylvester Stallone

5 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

I've always had a soft spot for Spragg and Googam :cloud9:

There are too many good ones to list! :headbang: Really they could pull a whole Monster-verse like Godzilla vs Kong if they wanted. I was a bit disappointed with how Fin Fang Foom looks in Shang Chi, but I'll have to actually see it on screen first before I pass any real judgment. He is a humongous shape changing alien after all so it may just be that he took a more traditional eastern dragon shape based on where he landed (shrug)

18 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

Don't Zach and Debra serve as EP on everything? I could have sworn they're on Aquaman and WW as well.

Not everything since their roles changed over time with WB Studios.

Folks on Twitter seem to be in two camps:

1) Psyched by the trailer - but wary given how promising the trailers to the first film were, only for the movie itself to turn out to be mess; and

3) Psyched to see John Ostrander (!) show up (a presumptive cameo).

Then there’s obligatory “Wait - I thought Peacemaker was gonna’ be in this” 😜

5 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Wow! I didn't pick up on that last scene what Harley says.

Harley.thumb.jpg.a75bef23f9ea6faf9f74ba0d05407034.jpg

I thought she said “smooching.” 😮

Never really been a fan of the Harley character but that was GD adorable when she said she would go back in so they could rescue her.

I would be worried because the last movie had trailers that looked great, too, but I trust Gunn a lot more to maintain a consistent creative vision without outside interference. And seeing that the first movie tried to copy his Guardians movies, and now he's in control, is also reassuring. This looks great.

Now this is great to read.

John Ostrander , who created the modern version of the Suicide Squad in 1987, expressed his excitement for the upcoming film after seeing the trailer. DC Comics posted his reaction to the trailer, with Ostrander seemingly in disbelief at the trailer, saying he wants to see the film "on the biggest screen [he] can find."

Comic creators reactions to adaptations of their work tend to be on the negative side. Winter Soldier creator Ed Brubaker expressed mixed feelings about the Disney+ series Falcon and the Winter Soldier and its handling of his character. Ostrander's stamp of approval is likely a relief for Gunn, Warner Bros., and fans who are eager to see this team reach their full potential. While The Suicide Squad's trailer doesn't give away much, it does clue viewers into the fact that this film will be wildly different from its 2016 counterpart.