• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE SUICIDE SQUAD directed by James Gunn (2021)
3 3

803 posts in this topic

James Gunn Nearly Blew Up His Career. Now He’s Back With ‘The Suicide Squad’

The “Guardians of the Galaxy” director talks about the Twitter controversy that got him temporarily fired from Marvel, and his crossover to the DC franchise.

12 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Interesting since absolutely NONE of any of that came through at all in any of the trailers that I've seen.

-J.

Most probably because they limited the view on details.

Time will tell how accurate this is in general.

Edited by Bosco685

In a recent piece with The New York Times, Gunn suggested Feige is much more involved in the editing of a film when compared to executives from Warner Brothers. The Guardians of the Galaxy and The Suicide Squad helmer says Feige also provides much more notes than those producers from the Distinguished Competition.

“There’s no doubt Kevin Feige is way more involved with editing than people are at Warner Bros," Gunn told the Times. "He gives more notes. You don’t have to take them and I don’t always take them.”

Gunn's in an interesting position as he's a filmmaker active in the film franchises for comics' two largest publishers. Getting his start with Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy property, the director will soon officially join Warner's DC Extended Universe with The Suicide Squad, a movie that's being hailed as one of Gunn's best movies yet.

I wonder if this comes down to WB has such a black eye over tampering, now they want to stay hands off of his work knowing he can always go back to Disney and post about a horrible TSS experience?