• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker's Best Covers (Top 10)
6 6

338 posts in this topic

Bad news, people.  The poll function only allows a list of up to 20 "options/questions".  I couldn't even get to the end of "Diary Secrets" alphabetically.

I'll look for an external site that allows a larger pool of choices, and if I am successful I will provide a link in this thread.

3 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I know I am in the minority but APC 8 has always been my favorite cover of the run.  

Something about running with that top on tenuously held together at the bottom. B|

IMG_7410.JPG

Not only is this my favorite APC cover, it is probably in my favorite 5-10 Baker covers. Just a beautiful, braless, Baker babe! The color on this one is very important to me and you've got it hit Rick!

14 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I know I am in the minority but APC 8 has always been my favorite cover of the run.  

Something about running with that top on tenuously held together at the bottom. B|

IMG_7410.JPG

I like it a lot, too.  Not sure it would make my top 10, but it's at least in the running!

16 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

Yeah, photobucket... a Greek tragedy.  The library of Alexandria in ashes.  

At least three of your top ten are on my list, too... (CL #25, Seven Seas #6, and Phantom Lady #17).  

Does anyone else find Phantom Lady #14 suspicious?  Hard to believe it's Baker, imo.  Tiny, awkward hands.  The symmetry of the face just doesn't say, "Baker", at all, though every other source I know of does.  

Yes, I'd like to read JVJ's comments on All Top 16.  (I believe Baker had a hand in it, at least.) 

I'm with you on PL 14.  JVJ says no on AT 16, but I'm also inclined to see Baker in it.

Just so tough to know on these Iger shop stories.  Baker? Baker assisting (or being assisted)? Baker heavily inked over by somebody else?  Somebody copying Baker?

We'd need Iger Shop records to surface to have some good evidence, but I'm sure they are long gone.  Even then, with these guys working in the same room (at least, I think they were) maybe there was collaboration going on that wouldn't necessarily have been reflected in the pay records.

17 hours ago, szavisca said:

So at the risk of being branded a heretic, I'm just gonna come out and say my favorite Bakers are the non romance ones.  I respect and like the Baker St John romance stuff, but not enough to buy any of it at today's prices. 

9. Cinderella Love 25

:baiting:

1 minute ago, N e r V said:

I can't complain too much about my copy though because it was another super cheap eBay find.:smile:

Yeah, mine is the end result of many tortured years of waiting and searching.  I know there are equally nice copies out there, though... the last time I looked, there was a 9.0 in the CGC census.