• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker's Best Covers (Top 10)
6 6

338 posts in this topic

I'm not sure exactly since I may be overlooking a book but off the top of my head the 3 most popular Baker covers to the general base are Phantom Lady #17, Cinderella Love #25 and maybe Seven Seas #4.

I know people like to debate the Phantom Lady covers and there are certain issues that are gaining in their popularity but those 3 are some of the older mainstays and have had their likeness reproduced endlessly. I can safely say those 3 have been popular for several decades now which in my book is a pretty solid track record for all 3. 

1 hour ago, BitterOldMan said:

Here is my slightly miscut CL29.  Got it cheap at NYCC, where the dealer did not know who Matt Baker was. The shading on the clothing and car is impressive.

Don't play tennis, but do have tennis elbow. 

IMG_3358.thumb.JPG.bd83eac8571586b8d6941e7b8fe9fc6b.JPG

Love that one Ray. The car, the poses and the flirty innocense just make it for me. 

So I spent a few hours last night trying to make the poll on an external site, but I messed up somewhere and it does not work correctly.  It was meant to allow ten choices, but instead it only allows one.  You can check it out here:

https://www.poll-maker.com/poll1881786xF27D4fc9-51?s=res

I took all of the books people mentioned in this thread and put them on that list (except for the failed photobucket images that don't show up any longer).  There's 56 books on the list.

1 minute ago, 29dukedog said:

So... you're one of the collectors I need to kiss up to... in order to one day own the complete, highest graded CGC collection of Cinderella Loves with Baker covers.   

CL_LOT_A_zps.jpg

I thought we had been over this... YOU are going to sell to ME!

Cinderella Love 25.JPG

On 9/20/2017 at 11:36 AM, szavisca said:

Shrug...didn't say I don't like any! I like a lot of them...if this was a top 20 or 30 list there'd be a few more.  Cinderella Love 25 is a lot different compositionaly  than the rest of his romance covers anyway.  It's a really cool collage with my kinda raven haired beauty vs. his standard 2 lovers plus jilted 3 party/disapproving onlookers in very well drawn but nonetheless mundane backgrounds

I know, just razzing you a bit. :foryou:

Good point that CL 25 is composed differently than of his other covers -- at least any of them that come to mind. 

7 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Kind of surprising that people don't seem to be pushing this one (although I have to admit that it didn't make my top 3).

truelove11_zps9c5aed0d.jpg

I know it might be sacrilege to say this, but the woman is perhaps not the most attractive by Baker standards.  Maybe it is the haircut that has mullet like elements or the somewhat heavy inking around her eyes, but just my two cents.  Hopefully I won't be tarred and feathered.   But it is a beautiful copy!

Edited by BakerFanOne