• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

Yes indeed, I was absolutely shocked at how low the 'Tec 28 sold for, even though it is a PLOD copy here with Moderate restoration.  :whatthe:

Certainly one of the tougher pre-Robin 'Tec books to find out there, although there have been a few popping up in the marketplace during the past couple of years.  From these prices for this book, definitely still a highly underappreciated book, considering that it is after all is said and done, still the second appearance of the Batman.  :luhv:

Action 2 has the same problem :preach:I have this guy's problem after all the years.

3 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I was absolutely shocked at how low the 'Tec 28 sold for, even though it is a PLOD copy here with Moderate restoration.

Should have gone at least 10K+ imo.

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
6 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I was absolutely shocked at how low the 'Tec 28 sold for, even though it is a PLOD copy here with Moderate restoration.

Should have gone at least 10 imo.

Although it is rather sad to see the relatively large number of PLOD's and Conserved books in this collection, I guess the positive is that it keeps the prices down to a reasonable level for collectors like me with limited wallets who are at the bottom of the food chain.  (thumbsu

3 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Fixed that for you, Harold.

:whatthe: Thanks Hudson I would have really :censored: up. I did that on a Donald duck book one time.

Edited by woowoo

5 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

When the auction listing first came out, I really only had 1 book in mind that I would absolutely be taking home, no matter the price.  Glad it was a cheap one. :banana: 

exc1.469a.jpg

Nice pickup - I had a lowball bid that wasn't all that far from your winning one - you got it for a very fair price.

Just now, lou_fine said:

Although it is rather sad to see the relatively large number of PLOD's and Conserved books in this collection, I guess the positive is that it keeps the prices down to a reasonable level for collectors like me with limited wallets who are at the bottom of the food chain.  (thumbsu

And on the few that qualify that I'm looking at the resto is limited to tear seals.  I can have it removed and expect maybe a point or two drop in a blue label case. 

3 minutes ago, woowoo said:

Hudson did you get more books 3 #5's 2 #7s . I think one of your 7's should go to me so you can save for a 1

Harold, I am not sure selling you an Action at 1938 prices is going to help me much toward obtaining an AC1.

:roflmao:

7 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Although it is rather sad to see the relatively large number of PLOD's and Conserved books in this collection, I guess the positive is that it keeps the prices down to a reasonable level for collectors like me with limited wallets who are at the bottom of the food chain. 

If there had been fewer restored books then there would have been fewer books in the collection.  That would have been sad because Jon is all about the books and there would have been fewer for him to use for research and to share. 

In replying in another thread recently, I happened to look at my copy of "Comic Book Culture" and in the introduction Ron Goulart credits Jon for assisting with over 300 images that would not have otherwise been possible to include.

2 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Harold, I am not sure selling you an Action at 1938 prices is going to help me much toward obtaining an AC1.

You do know you would have to pay postage :takeit:

3 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Hudson here is a pic so you know it can be done.

newsstand-Action-1.jpg

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

Fantastic books, I love them all, but the Fantastic, Tec and the Frazettas ...and the Contact, and...and...are spectacular:)

I won this one with a tracking bid, I was a little surprised, but I've never owned a book from 1937, so it's neat:)

cra2.196a.jpg

Great book.  Now that you've got one from 10 years before your birthday, you should get a book for each of the years in between. :)

14 minutes ago, woowoo said:

You do know you would have to pay postage :takeit:

I kind of figured that!

To be honest, I am not a comic dealer, and thus I don't really sell books.

If I were to sell, however, you and Gator are the first two people that come to mind.

You, because you were the first to express an interest (and I know you love GA DC  - so they would have a safe home, probably until you die).

Gator because I believe him to be an honest man, and that is something hard to find these days.

1 minute ago, Hudson said:

I kind of figured that!

To be honest, I am not a comic dealer, and thus I don't really sell books.

If I were to sell, however, you and Gator are the first two people that come to mind.

You, because you were the first to express an interest (and I know you love GA DC  - so they would have a safe home, probably until you die).

Gator because I believe him to be an honest man, and that is something hard to find these days.

You got both the above right.

18 minutes ago, adamstrange said:
29 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Although it is rather sad to see the relatively large number of PLOD's and Conserved books in this collection, I guess the positive is that it keeps the prices down to a reasonable level for collectors like me with limited wallets who are at the bottom of the food chain. 

If there had been fewer restored books then there would have been fewer books in the collection.  That would have been sad because Jon is all about the books and there would have been fewer for him to use for research and to share. 

Yes, Jon is most definitely a true collector and an aficionado for this comic book hobby of ours.  (thumbsu

Was able to pick up one of the Conserved Amazing Mystery Funnies on the first day, but really regretted missing out on one of the PLOD Fantastic's last night since it went for a relatively reasonable price.  Gotta be faster on the draw with so many windows opened at the same time. 

6 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Us crooked guys need some love, too! :cry: