• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jbcomicbox said:
On 6/12/2017 at 0:56 PM, lou_fine said:

Not sure about his love for Science 2, but I have heard and read many of his articles where he has stated that Mystery Men 3 is his favorite cover due to how dynamic and free flowing the cover image is.  In fact, whenever I see the cover for MM3 now, I think of Jon Berk right away.  Similarly, I also feel that with his research on the Larson books and on the man himself, I always think that the Larson pedigree is almost synonymous with Berk himself.

So from my point of view, keeping the Larson Mystery Men 3 is the absolute perfect book for Jon to retain in his collection.  (thumbsu

I agree totally.  jb

Kudos to the MAN himself who made this a truly generational event that all of us, as fellow comic book collectors will remember for the rest of our lives.  (worship)

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Plan to pay immediately after the auction closes as I have a couple of other items I am still watching.

greenGiant1.jpg

SPECTACULAR!!!! Another one of the Gems of the auction imo. You just don't see these and for such a rare book what a cover too it's so darn cool!! HUGE CONGRATS on this one bro!!

Just now, gino2paulus2 said:

SPECTACULAR!!!! Another one of the Gems of the auction imo. You just don't see these and for such a rare book what a cover too it's so darn cool!! HUGE CONGRATS on this one bro!!

Thanks!  I am definitely excited to finally own a copy.

27 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Kudos to the MAN himself who made this a truly generational event that all of us, as fellow comic book collectors will remember for the rest of our lives.  (worship)

TOTALLY AGREE HUGE THANKS TO JB!!! WHAT A SHOW THIS HAS BEEN!! A TRULY MONUMENTAL EXPERIENCE!!! 

Were there any other board members here bidding on the Keen Detective Funnies, or was I the only one?  hm

Definitely not one of the higher profile and more in-demand Centaur titles, but some of the early issues are still really tough to find. 

3 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Were there any other board members here bidding on the Keen Detective Funnies, or was I the only one?  hm

Definitely not one of the higher profile and more in-demand Centaur titles, but some of the early issues are still really tough to find. 

Pq prevented most from being upgrades for me

i got sidetracked bidding on the little giant 4, and missed bidding on a couple 

8 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:
12 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Pq prevented most from being upgrades for me

i got sidetracked bidding on the little giant 4, and missed bidding on a couple 

Yes, PQ was a definite drawback on most of those early KDF's with the Light Tan and Slightly Brittle pages.  :p

But I went after some of them anyways and was able to land the KDF 10 for something like $525.   I guess I really can't complain too much about that, as it's apparently a real toughie to track down.   :luhv:

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, PQ was a definite drawback on most of those early KDF's with the Light Tan and Slightly Brittle pages.  :p

But I went after some of them anyways and was able to land the KDF 10 for something like $525.   I guess I really can't complain too much about that, as it's apparently a real toughie to track down.   :luhv:

10 has long been the toughest

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I wanted that #23 but had other things come up so gave up on it for now. I think there's several great covers in that series.

5 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

JB, since you have visited this thread at least once, let me just THANK you for making your wonderful collection available ...

I've picked up a few cool books and plan to pick up more....all made possible by you...

thanks!

Did you upgrade any of the Arrow covers Rick?

12 hours ago, Hudson said:

Gator because I believe him to be an honest man, and that is something hard to find these days.

One of my best experiences on these boards happened when I bought G.A.tor's Catman run, which he understandably didn't want to break up. He even helped me sell the ones I didn't keep, and I'm certain he helped me get way better prices on some of those via his contacts. Honest, reliable, warm hearted and generous.

One thing that's irritating beyond belief is that CC starts sending you emails to pay, even though the auction is still ongoing.  :mad:

Sure I can just delete the email, which is what I do, but why can't they program their f-ing system to just wait until the entire auction is over so they can send one aggregated invoice rather than bugging us piecemeal?

28 minutes ago, tth2 said:

One thing that's irritating beyond belief is that CC starts sending you emails to pay, even though the auction is still ongoing.  :mad:

Sure I can just delete the email, which is what I do, but why can't they program their f-ing system to just wait until the entire auction is over so they can send one aggregated invoice rather than bugging us piecemeal?

First world problems...  lol