• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, G.A.tor said:
24 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Looks like the ComicConnect site is down. hm

Rob texted me its back up

But now all my bids have been doubled! :whatthe:

57 minutes ago, walclark said:

Well said, Sharon, but this was a dirty little secret I was hoping to keep to myself.  Now you've gone and let the cat out of the bag!

Avast, Black Walter! When Susan C first promoted resto (remember the pics of Showcase #4 before and after?) it seemed as if it was really going to take hold in a positive way. But I think others far less skilled than Susan started to give it a bad name. I saw covers glued to spines as 'restored NM', bleed through and much else besides it would have been better not to do.

But as comics age, and prices spiral ever higher, it isnt difficult for me to imagine that it will become - not just acceptable but - the norm.

And I was actually thinking, like Sha, that this auction made it alright to think resto once again. 'If it was good enough for Jon Berk' will enter the lexicon.

6 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Imagine how much fun Jon will have, in about two years, when he get's the itch to start collecting again ....... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Jon retired from active collecting a number of years ago.  I think he'll be quite content with the small, but very sweet and personally significant items that he retains.

14 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

did anyone miss the jb drive by post?

what goes "clippety-clop, clippety-clop, clippety-clop, clippety-clop---BANG BANG BANG-- clippety-clop, clippety-clop, clippety-clop, clippety-clop,?”

Edited by Straw-Man

1 hour ago, twmjr1 said:

After a good day one on Monday, I've been completely skunked. That will change today.

Yes, indeed!

It certainly looks like it is going to be one heck of a fun and busy day for everybody here today.

Hope it's going to be a happy and productive one for everybody at the end of it.  :wishluck:

54 minutes ago, AllStar-Comics said:

added three more last night . Not gonna be able to make it to Heroes so hoping to score another deal or two tonight

111.jpg

112.jpg

113jpg.jpg

I like those  Kid Komics and they were great deals. I was high bidder on some of them when my company walked in, but they didn't leave in time.

Glad you won a few, I think people passed them in the rush to the Aces/Centaurs and who knows what else;):)

1 hour ago, jcb193 said:

I only have one restored book in my collection (aside from my recent All Star 3 purchase). It's a Sub-Mariner #1 that I traded in my entire baseball card collection as a kid at a show to a dealer for because it was such a nice looking copy.  It was worth over $150 dollars!!!!!   I finally got around to submitting it last year....3 edges trimmed....I'm keeping it forever. It's my anti-Rosebud.

I found a bunch of books I bought on the boards a long time  ago, mostly from someone who advertised about disclosing, had undisclosed resto.

There will always be people who are not ...I'm just going to say "nice". However, it's not the poor book's fault;) 

1 hour ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Avast, Black Walter! When Susan C first promoted resto (remember the pics of Showcase #4 before and after?) it seemed as if it was really going to take hold in a positive way. But I think others far less skilled than Susan started to give it a bad name. I saw covers glued to spines as 'restored NM', bleed through and much else besides it would have been better not to do.

But as comics age, and prices spiral ever higher, it isnt difficult for me to imagine that it will become - not just acceptable but - the norm.

And I was actually thinking, like Sha, that this auction made it alright to think resto once again. 'If it was good enough for Jon Berk' will enter the lexicon.

And don't forget to add LT Tan pages to that too. Good enough for Jon, good enough for me! :bigsmile:

40 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I like those  Kid Komics and they were great deals. I was high bidder on some of them when my company walked in, but they didn't leave in time.

Glad you won a few, I think people passed them in the rush to the Aces/Centaurs and who knows what else;):)

Thanks , I agree  .  I didnt win any of the books I stayed up for so these were consolation prizes.  Probably more of the same tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

Has anyone ever taken their blood pressure during "extended bidding"?

i woulda been afraid to see mine as the final seconds of the fantastic 6 ticked SLOWLY by.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

Has anyone ever taken their blood pressure during "extended bidding"?

Nope, but I've lost books as I've tried to cruise from one open window to the next.

1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:
11 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

At last, my day of reckoning... 

Yep!

I hope somebody has the resources to keep the Church Mystery Men run together and not let dopes like me pick off any of them. :wishluck: