• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain Marvel Adventures
1 1

100 posts in this topic

Captain Marvel Adventures collectors, how are you doing trying to complete your run of the Big Red Cheese?

My personal collection is only missing #1, #2, #18, #22 and #128. For some strange reason #128 has become incredibly difficult to find in grades above 6.0. Same goes for #22 in anything over a 5.0. #18 has become another form of unobtainium while #1 in complete, non brittle, not photocopied condition continues to be for sale as often as North Koreas leader says he loves the USA. I will complete this collection and I will continue to upgrade books where and when possible with CGC graded copies. I only wish CGC didn't take 3-5 months to grade a book. That's the only reason right now why I haven't been sending them my Captain Marvel Adventures for grading, I don't want to be eligible for social security before they get returned.

11 hours ago, snakepittcomics said:

Captain Marvel Adventures collectors, how are you doing trying to complete your run of the Big Red Cheese?

My personal collection is only missing #1, #2, #18, #22 and #128. For some strange reason #128 has become incredibly difficult to find in grades above 6.0. Same goes for #22 in anything over a 5.0. #18 has become another form of unobtainium while #1 in complete, non brittle, not photocopied condition continues to be for sale as often as North Koreas leader says he loves the USA. I will complete this collection and I will continue to upgrade books where and when possible with CGC graded copies. I only wish CGC didn't take 3-5 months to grade a book. That's the only reason right now why I haven't been sending them my Captain Marvel Adventures for grading, I don't want to be eligible for social security before they get returned.

I had a really nice copy of #128 that I sold last year, and I regretted selling it immediately after it was gone.  The colors looked so cool with that black background and the bright lettering.  I never realized that it was such a tough issue, until after I sold it and tried to find another one.  You'd think that there should be some Crowley File Copies out there, but I can't say that I've ever seen one.

Among the earlier covers, #5 and #17 are my two favorites, but I like C. C. Beck's interior art much better than I like most of the covers from the run. I like some of the outer space/sci-fi covers from later in the run, too (#106, for instance).

Edited by jimbo_7071

14 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

This one (or two) immediately came to mind. image_zpseu93kif5.jpgimage_zps34lynnm8.jpg50481a4d-64eb-4f1b-a818-37e2f1fb40f8_zps

Why didn't Billy change to Cap in his radio address on that Ibac splash? Those Fawcett editors were sleeping on the job

17 hours ago, CrocHntr said:

This one isn't so bad either

58c3588b024e9_CaptainMarvelAdventures18_7.0.thumb.jpg.4eb1a85f4fc0f7033606e2d7960b8ae7.jpg

A beauty for sure. (thumbsu