• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

This is a suggestion for the probation forum. Can we put the name of the person who put the offender onto the probation list next to the offender? It would help for others who want to find out what happened by having a name to PM. The probation thread is impossible to search by itself.

Thanks.

Dan

Good idea... sometimes it will be multiple names of course, maybe put in a max of 10 names, otherwise Comicsupply will take up half a page :whistle:

This is a suggestion for the probation forum. Can we put the name of the person who put the offender onto the probation list next to the offender? It would help for others who want to find out what happened by having a name to PM. The probation thread is impossible to search by itself.

Thanks.

Dan

Good idea... sometimes it will be multiple names of course, maybe put in a max of 10 names, otherwise Comicsupply will take up half a page :whistle:

:roflmao:

...but true... meh

If that is the extent of the infractions, then so be it. That many names will just drive the point home. no?

Thanks.

Dan

I think this is a really good idea. But I think it should be slightly more intricate, but kept as simple as possible.

Maybe if we had offense as a B=Buyer, S=Seller. Which would label if they didnt send books, or failed to complete a transaction. And either the name of the person who requested, or if multiple people a brief description (less then 2 sentences for serious offenders)?

But I agree this would be extremely helpful.

It would be nice to know which page the list is on so that it may be easily referenced.
its usually on one of the last 4 pages.

Thanks.

Dan

I think this is a really good idea. But I think it should be slightly more intricate, but kept as simple as possible.

Maybe if we had offense as a B=Buyer, S=Seller. Which would label if they didnt send books, or failed to complete a transaction. And either the name of the person who requested, or if multiple people a brief description (less then 2 sentences for serious offenders)?

But I agree this would be extremely helpful.

Have to weigh in here - not a good idea. Names on the list are on the list - no confusion. If you start putting names of offended parties on the list, it will be misread by many.

Trust me - the offenders KNOW who they offended. If they pretend not to remember, it's even more a reason they should remain on the list. :sumo:

It's not a dirty laundry list, it's an "Uh,oh maybe I shouldn't trust this guy" list. :sumo:

It would be nice to know which page the list is on so that it may be easily referenced.

Anyone can update or bump the list, just be accurate, use the existing format, and don't include your signature. :) It's interesting to note, that in its couple of years of existence, no one has "high-jacked" the list :grin:

Anyone can update or bump the list, just be accurate, use the existing format, and don't include your signature. :) It's interesting to note, that in its couple of years of existence, no one has "high-jacked" the list :grin:

:eek:

Hey kids, is there a chance that maybe some of you could stop replying to a seller's thread with icons and phrasing like "nice pick-up" and such..?? It's getting really hard to go through a selling thread without seeing this nonsense posted and it also makes it difficult to get through a thread itself. If you're not asking about a book, why post at all..?? (shrug)

Hey kids, is there a chance that maybe some of you could stop replying to a seller's thread with icons and phrasing like "nice pick-up" and such..?? It's getting really hard to go through a selling thread without seeing this nonsense posted and it also makes it difficult to get through a thread itself. If you're not asking about a book, why post at all..?? (shrug)

Ain't gonna happen. lol

Most sellers seem to prefer it as it bumps their thread back to the top.

Maybe we can ask Arch to eliminate all graemlins as well.

:baiting:

:golfclap: Nice pickup! ..errr I mean post!

Well many times, we're trying to point out something the seller may have missed, or if a book is severely under-graded or under-priced, and btw . . . we're having FUN! :grin:

;):hi:

:sumo::grin::acclaim:

:sumo::grin::acclaim:

Perhaps it's just me, but I find I enjoy cruising the Forum Only Selling threads more when I'm not on the rag... :devil:

Edited by trmoore54

:applause:

Yuch. When I buy a book and don't get a few 'nice pick up' comments I figure I got robbed. :tonofbricks:

I don't do it a ton, but when I have it is usually because either the seller or buyer (or both!) is someone I am friendly with and am happy a positive transaction was made. It's no different than when I might congratulate a coworker or another friend in person about something cool that has happened for them. That's not to say that thread-derailing is okay, but I don't see a problem with congratulating others on their buys/sellers--after all, the sense of community here is what keeps many of us (including myself) coming back every day.

2c