• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

It seems quite different to me... less lively.

less FS threads=less lively marketplace :(

i hope when more people get used to the new format, it'll get back to tons of people with the popcorn out :)

I think the new format is the problem. I generally buy relatively modern and CGC SS books, but if a thread looked interesting, I'd go on to look at GA, SA, BA original art or whatever. By compartmentalizing the threads, there's fewer "crossover" purchases.

Just my opinion.......

I think the new format is the problem. I generally buy relatively modern and CGC SS books, but if a thread looked interesting, I'd go on to look at GA, SA, BA original art or whatever. By compartmentalizing the threads, there's fewer "crossover" purchases.

Just my opinion.......

I don't think there's a problem at all.

My sales thread in GA/SA/BA was hopping this weekend, I sold way more than I thought I would (once again...same happened for my modern thread last week). I went a couple hours without posting and my thread moved to page two, so there's definitely not a lack of activity.

As a buyer, I can't tell you how much better I like it this way. I don't have to sort through a bunch of clutter to look for the older stuff. If I want moderns, or want to browse, I know where they are.

Yeah.... I kind of like not having to wade through all of the Copper and Modern stuff. If I'm in a mood, I'll swing in that end of the marketplace, but it definitely cuts out a lot of stuff I'm not in the mood to see.

This is not a presale, no books are for sale. I was wondering if there is a market here for a high grade raw lot SA/BA DCs with a focus on Neal Adams stuff? I am talking a Bulk sale where as your looking at over $1000.00. I know this is kinda odd. But these large lots don't typically sell on the boards, and I am wondering if market influences have changed at all?

As a buyer, I can't tell you how much better I like it this way. I don't have to sort through a bunch of clutter to look for the older stuff. If I want moderns, or want to browse, I know where they are.

Same here, I buy only BA and the sheer volume in the "old world" was near-impossible to deal with so I essentially stopped buying.

Under the new world, I still haven't found a lot to buy, but at least I'm in there looking, and when I feel like searching for some CA books, I know where they are.

Question of the Day:

Why are so many sellers posting books in the Misc section that obviously and clearly match the existing Age-Based Marketplace Sub-Forums?

I'm sure it probably still has to do with growing pains. These things will take a few weeks for people to adjust, I'm sure.

Here's a question though...should each specific age thread be for comics only with all comic-related material being placed in the Misc. subforum (for example, say I'm selling copies of Overstreet Price Guides 1-5)? What do all of you think would be a good placement for items like this (not that I will be selling anything like this)?

Personally, I would go by era for everything, and just use the Misc/All-Ages forum for large lots that go across the eras.

So in your example, I'd use the GA/SA/BA area, just as I would for something like 1970's Mego figures. But that's open to interpretation, and I'm only speaking as a seller wanting to hit the most buyers.

Personally, I would go by era for everything, and just use the Misc/All-Ages forum for large lots that go across the eras.

So in your example, I'd use the GA/SA/BA area, just as I would for something like 1970's Mego figures. But that's open to interpretation, and I'm only speaking as a seller wanting to hit the most buyers.

Ok... so as long as the item/s in question were published/created during that period, no worries. Makes sense.

Well, that comes down to accommodating those sellers who are creating a single thread with GA-Modern books in them. AND I think that's probably something else up for debate: does the marketplace force seller's into dividing their comics into multiple sales threads? It seems to be the next step in the process, but I wonder if we will move to that point.

I DO think it will make the buyer's experience an even better focused one, but I wonder if it will cause a considerable, long-term head ache for sellers or only a short term inconvenience? hm I don't sell often enough here to really weigh in from the seller's POV.

Well, that comes down to accommodating those sellers who are creating a single thread with GA-Modern books in them. AND I think that's probably something else up for debate: does the marketplace force seller's into dividing their comics into multiple sales threads? It seems to be the next step in the process, but I wonder if we will move to that point.

I DO think it will make the buyer's experience an even better focused one, but I wonder if it will cause a considerable, long-term head ache for sellers or only a short term inconvenience? hm I don't sell often enough here to really weigh in from the seller's POV.

By 'multiple', it's really only two, max, if you have books spanning all the ages.

I don't see the problem, personally....just have two selling threads back to back instead of one giant one. That's what I did last week. I had 4 buyers that held off paying invoices after my modern thread ended so they could check out the SA/BA thread I had afterward. It was no more difficult for me than having one big thread. The logistics are just a little different, but if you explain what you're doing (when announcing your threads, then again in the first post of your sales thread), it shouldn't be much of an issue, IMO. Then it's just a matter of planning out your threads. Piece of cake.

AND I think that's probably something else up for debate: does the marketplace force seller's into dividing their comics into multiple sales threads?

The question is:

Does the buyer convenience of having only two highly-targeted sub-forums outweigh the inconvenience to the small number of sellers who need to create two threads for all-era GA to MA sales?

Another way to say, it but yes, that is the question. hm

On another unrelated note, it's frickin' killing me to see ANOTHER Supes #4 out there since it would work perfectly with the Batman #2 I recently picked up (another 2nd appearance of one of the MAJOR villains of comicdom). :frustrated:

I seriously can't wait til I'm teaching in a university and make more money than I do as a secondary school teacher at a boarding school.... lol

LMAO

The thread got deleted.

Best thread of the year so far! ^^

I feel sorry for those that missed it. :foryou: