• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Stupid question, but are sellers holding back on books right now to wait for the VCC?

Doesn't look like it to me. (shrug)

+1 There have been some sweet books listed in the past few days. It's driving me mad! :devil:

Stupid question, but are sellers holding back on books right now to wait for the VCC?

Doesn't look like it to me. (shrug)

+1 There have been some sweet books listed in the past few days. It's driving me mad! :devil:

+2

Just asking for opinions here about something that happened via PM. I was looking at some sales threads the other day and had a question about a book so I PM'd the seller. I inquired about a handful of other books that were still listed even though someone had put up the i'll take it sign. I was curious if he had dups or forgot to remove them.

Later that day, the seller gets back to me telling me that all the books are available and provides a total with paypal info. I PM him again just to make sure that these are not the ones already sold and today I got a PM from the seller stating that the buyer paid for the books and they are no longer available. WTF!

It is a new seller, I PM'd him back and told him that those books were already reserved to the other buyer. Is there something else I should do?

It's very difficult to deal with new sellers on here, or on Ebay. They get confused. Perhaps there should be a training wheel period.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, we've had some here lately that have some books that are hard to ignore:)

If I see a take it, I just pass by.

Yes, there is something you can do, thank your lucky stars, that you didn't SEND the Paypal payment:) and enjoy the day.

:sorry:

It's very difficult to deal with new sellers on here, or on Ebay. They get confused. Perhaps there should be a training wheel period.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, we've had some here lately that have some books that are hard to ignore:)

If I see a take it, I just pass by.

Yes, there is something you can do, thank your lucky stars, that you didn't SEND the Paypal payment:) and enjoy the day.

:sorry:

I wouldn't have send payment until the seller told me they were in fact dups he owned. I was just shocked that he had the nerve to undersell to whomever sent him payment first.

Just asking for opinions here about something that happened via PM. I was looking at some sales threads the other day and had a question about a book so I PM'd the seller. I inquired about a handful of other books that were still listed even though someone had put up the i'll take it sign. I was curious if he had dups or forgot to remove them.

Later that day, the seller gets back to me telling me that all the books are available and provides a total with paypal info. I PM him again just to make sure that these are not the ones already sold and today I got a PM from the seller stating that the buyer paid for the books and they are no longer available. WTF!

It is a new seller, I PM'd him back and told him that those books were already reserved to the other buyer. Is there something else I should do?

my books are still available :baiting:

j

Maybe he thought you were the other guy when you first PMed him.

I asked this question a long time ago in the midst of some hubbub, so I'll put it out there again:

Sometimes when I click index in the subforums it takes me to page 2 or 3 rather than back to page 1, anyone else having this problem?

Also, for some reason sometimes my thread counts says that all the threads and responses are new in the Sales forum only.

Weird.

A quick suggestion: Could we consider making it mandatory for all sellers in the Marketplace to at least list their general location (e.g., USA, Europe, Canada, etc.) with the other member data beneath their avatar (where it says "Loc:")?

I've had some serious problems receiving shipments from outside the USA, so as a general rule I tend to browse and buy from threads from domestic sellers only. Unfortunately, it's sometimes not so easy to tell, esp. when that "Loc:" data is missing.

Best,

Mikey