• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Fay, you can't put yourself on the probation list, because if you do, only YOU can take yourself off...

and it's getting too crowded:)

You need two people in conflict, so unless you are secretly duplicate lass ...it won't work;)

You might consider offering to pay for the books you bought in Oct and take the trades back, I'm sure the person involved would appreciate the thought and he can decide whether to take you up on it if you make the offer.

Fay is good people. :foryou:

I agree...Fay is good people (thumbs u

+1

A very nice person who is kind to animals. One of my favorites here.

Quick question?

I had a thread where I gave away free books. The buyer only had to pay $5 shipping. I had one who hasn't paid and it's been over a month. I sent out a reminder bump eleven days ago. I'm not looking to put anyone on any naughty list, but I just want to know if somehow it gets lost in the my shuffle, will I get into trouble. I figured one reminder for $5 is enough and two is harassment. lol I have like four different hobbies and I might be giving comics a break as I grade my next Registry Set. Thank you for your thoughts. :)

Jerel

+1

Quick question?

I had a thread where I gave away free books. The buyer only had to pay $5 shipping. I had one who hasn't paid and it's been over a month. I sent out a reminder bump eleven days ago. I'm not looking to put anyone on any naughty list, but I just want to know if somehow it gets lost in the my shuffle, will I get into trouble. I figured one reminder for $5 is enough and two is harassment. lol I have like four different hobbies and I might be giving comics a break as I grade my next Registry Set. Thank you for your thoughts. :)

Jerel

I'd send a note and give a deadline of paying the shipping. If they don't pay the shipping by the time you specify, I don't see how you would be up for any board flogging over free books. 2c

I would just send a note that says something like, "Hi! I don't want to drag this out, so if you could pay the shipping in the next three days I can ship the books out. If not, no worries, but the books will go back in my collection and can't be claimed as freebies at any point in the future."

Edited by frankbearss

+1

Quick question?

Jerel

I'd send a note and give a deadline of paying the shipping. If they don't pay the shipping by the time you specify, I don't see how you would be up for any board flogging over free books. 2c

I would just send a note that says something like, "Hi! I don't want to drag this out, so if you could pay the shipping in the next three days I can ship the books out. If not, no worries, but the books will go back in my collection and can't be claimed as freebies at any point in the future."

+1

Though I'd only give them a day. It's been over a month already. Then just find someone else who will really appreciate them in your next thread, Jerel. ;)

Edited by FIREFLY

Is this where I come to beat up on people who haven't paid for stuff? lol ...

Or do I do it in Probation Discussions?

Well, if you just want to vent etc this is the place. if you are ready to get them on the Probation List, then Probation Discussions be the place.

I think we need an amendment to the selling rules which would state that any photographs depicting graded books should also show pictures of the labels.

There is currently a sales thread with what appears to be graded books, but no photographs of labels. I have already had two separate PMs from people asking me if I thought the books might be PGX books.

I think we need an amendment to the selling rules which would state that any photographs depicting graded books should also show pictures of the labels.

There is currently a sales thread with what appears to be graded books, but no photographs of labels. I have already had two separate PMs from people asking me if I thought the books might be PGX books.

Amen

I'll second that...I was one of the PMs. I had contacted the seller in previous years at which time he said he forgotten or did not know he could not sell them here and I felt awkward asking him again, so I asked Jim's opinion.

It would save a lot of wondering.