• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I always quote my customers BEFORE i send the package to make sure everyone is on the same page.

That's what should have been done in this case. So now the seller that needed the cash so bad is out have the cost of shipping.

I don't know exactly what was being shipped or why there were multiple packages sent but if you have certain shipping needs then that should be expressed to the seller.

The need for safe, secure and reasonable shipping was expressed. :)

That is completely wide open for interpretation. If you didn't want priority mail or xyz then you should have expressed it. When I buy something I state to sandwich board comics between cardboard because that is my shipping needs. If I don't my mailman will fold the envelope in half and jam it into my mailbox.

Does every seller do this? Actually, yes. Is it stiff rigid cardboard that is hard to bend. No. Do I penalize the seller? No, because I didn't specify that the package should not be bendable. I think it is an unreasonable request to include that requirement. Plus I get a lot of strange packing material as it is so I am scared of what they would use to make it inflexible. :o

If all else fails, I guess you could just remove yourself from the PM thread and never pay like you did with me recently.

???

That is completely wide open for interpretation. If you didn't want priority mail or xyz then you should have expressed it. When I buy something I state to sandwich board comics between cardboard because that is my shipping needs. If I don't my mailman will fold the envelope in half and jam it into my mailbox.

Does every seller do this? Actually, yes. Is it stiff rigid cardboard that is hard to bend. No. Do I penalize the seller? No, because I didn't specify that the package should not be bendable. I think it is an unreasonable request to include that requirement. Plus I get a lot of strange packing material as it is so I am scared of what they would use to make it inflexible. :o

As much as I understand your comment there is a certain amount of common sense that has to play into it. As an extreme example I can reasonably assume that when I buy a run of comics they will not be shipped individually. I agreed that because I left it partially open to interpretation that I am partially to blame. I don't agree that because I left it open that the seller has the right to do whatever they wish.

If a seller decides to send me a comic rolled up in a poster tube it is promptly returned regardless of me speciftying the packaging. As a buyer I expect a similar treatment to how I treat my customers.

As I stated in my earlier extreme example. If the buyer had sent it overnight express through FedEx at a cost of $300 I would not have accepted it. At the very least there is a certain amount of due diligence.

If all else fails, I guess you could just remove yourself from the PM thread and never pay like you did with me recently.

???

:gossip:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5818257&fpart=2

And here's the invoice PM quotes:

(from 7/08/12)

Hi branget. The sales thread fell off the front page again and I've nothing new to list, so I'll go ahead and close it up. So far I have you down for:

Y The Last Man Lot - $20

If there's anything else in the thread that you're interested in, let me know. Since you're in Canada, let me know if you prefer First Class, Priority Mail, Express Mail or another shipping method, and I'll get you a shipping quote. Thanks again.

-Ben

Don't see anything else. 1st class please. :)

Looks like the package will weigh in around 3 pounds, so $10 will cover first class. So total is $30. My PayPal address is [removed for my privacy]. Thanks.

(from 7/30/12)

branget has removed themself from this topic.

Edited by Benjamin Grimm

hm

You got me. A follow up PM would have been appreciated but oh well. So I owe you $30?

I cleaned out about 200 PM's as I transition away from board transactions so it was nothing personal.

70skelsoBURN.gif

So it would seem. WTTB! (thumbs u

Since everyone enjoyed my last topic so much how about this?

I pay taxes on importing comics all the time. If I receive comics not as described and wish to return them should I hold the seller accountable for the taxes? I may be able to reclaim them from the government (I don't know) but assuming I can't.

Since everyone enjoyed my last topic so much how about this?

I pay taxes on importing comics all the time. If I receive comics not as described and wish to return them should I hold the seller accountable for the taxes? I may be able to reclaim them from the government (I don't know) but assuming I can't.

The seller does not owe you taxes paid on the transaction. The government will refund your duty and taxes. They may be aspects of handling that cannot be refunded.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/dm-md/d6/d6-2-6-eng.pdf

"2. An importer may request a refund of duties and taxes using Form B2G for non-commercial duty and

tax paid importations brought into Canada by mail, courier, or carried by the traveller. Copies of the form

are available at customs offices or can be found on the reverse side of Form E14 for postal importations. It

is also acceptable for the importer to write to the CCRA requesting a refund or adjustment and giving the

reason for such a request."

hm

You got me. A follow up PM would have been appreciated but oh well. So I owe you $30?

I cleaned out about 200 PM's as I transition away from board transactions so it was nothing personal.

Ben was keeping me updated on this situation as it happened and told me he PM'd you at least three times before figuring you had just bailed completely. The effort was made. (shrug)

He posted the PM above. There was no other communication until now in this thread. I sent a PM earlier today but I was never involved in any other PM's. (shrug)