• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I've been noticing some really slack grading recently. Goes against the forum etiquette to call someone out in their thread but :pullhair:

It's frustrating to see, yes, but as many have pointed out before - just don't buy anything from those sellers. They'll eventually get the message :makepoint:

Ditto, pop in and say hello or anything. It is helpful to avoid the urge to bump your own thread regularly.

And they free up the bumps you are allowed for when you really need to!

Aye, there's the rub! :grin:

As many have noticed (including Dr Balls) there seems to have been an influx of "new" sellers who don't bother to read the rules before posting in the Marketplace (many of which end up reading like craigslist drek listings).

There will always be new people, and always be some who miss the guidelines, but wouldn't it make sense to post the guidelines at the top of each of the three forums (G/S/B, Copper/Modern, Mixed/Other)?

I know on my monitor the Marketplace Guidelines link is right at the bottom of the monitor (and the full post link is below it) so its easy to miss.

If it was "stickied" at the top of each sub-forum it would be the top of the stack, and just centimeters from the button sellers push to post a new thread.

Any reason not to do this?

As many have noticed (including Dr Balls) there seems to have been an influx of "new" sellers who don't bother to read the rules before posting in the Marketplace (many of which end up reading like craigslist drek listings).

There will always be new people, and always be some who miss the guidelines, but wouldn't it make sense to post the guidelines at the top of each of the three forums (G/S/B, Copper/Modern, Mixed/Other)?

I know on my monitor the Marketplace Guidelines link is right at the bottom of the monitor (and the full post link is below it) so its easy to miss.

If it was "stickied" at the top of each sub-forum it would be the top of the stack, and just centimeters from the button sellers push to post a new thread.

Any reason not to do this?

Also, how about adding to the existing new thread page, such as comments to point members to the rules.

There is a field already filled into the subject line, how about changing that to say "have you read the rules about sales threads?" Or at least post something to the empty right side of the screen, a comment suggesting they read the rules, plus a link to them.

I found this site when I was looking for a good place to find some more uncommon comics. I haven't even made an attempt at selling anything yet but I'm doing my best to follow along and hope to do it correctly the first time. Everything comes with a learning curve but I don't see the guidelines here as overly difficult to understand or work within. I joined because it seemed like a cool group of people, and an excellent environment to learn in while I figure out what the heck I'm doing :)

Seriously, did we start popping up at the top of Google searches for where to sell comics? I feel like the first time posters/sellers here are more craigslist-y than in the past...

And in all their sales threads every single raw book just happens to be "NM/M" :ohnoez:

Hi

I don't want to derail the thread :), but It was suggested that I re-post this here instead of where it was before:

Hi, I am new to the forum, but am enjoying the vibe amongst its users. I live in Portugal and have amassed a large collection of Brazilian and Portuguese comics in the last 20 years (over 1000) - mostly Marvel, but some DC and Independent stuff. Most of the collection, published by Abril in Brazil, is in A5 format, with each issue usually containing 3/4 stories,reprinting issues not only from the cover hero, but also including other series.

I also have many US-sized issues (glossy and normal) reprinting 2 stories in each one, and many Graphic Novels and One-Shots.I'd just like to know if there is any interest in foreign comics by serious collectors outside of the country of origin.

The main series are:

Homem-Aranha (Spider-Man; Brazilian and Portuguese editions)

X-Men

Wolverine

Superaventuras Marvel (rotating content - Daredevil, X-Men, Puinisher, etc)

O Justiceiro (Punisher)

Many of the series are complete, but finding complete collections of the older Abril Brazilian comics in Portugal is difficult.

Price wise, the price for any single issue will be from 1-3 €. Graphic novels and prestige editions will be 3-5 €. Prices for complete individual series will be lower.

I will give the complete list of what I have on request.

I'd really appreciate any comments!

Thanks.

I was going to start selling comics here soon and I was wondering why is personal paypal not accepted here?

Paypal personal was made a no-no because it is against paypal terms of service to use "personal" payments for merchandise. If it were an accepted form of payment here, the Collectors Society could be leaving themselves open to legal action from paypal. That, and the fact that should something go wrong with the transaction, there is no recourse for the buyer. Helps cut down on scam artists.

Thanks. So used to using it on ebay, I didn't know about it outside of ebay.

Is there 1 or 2 major accepted forms of payment most here deal with or is it individual type stuff like from whatever particular buyer/seller agree too?

I think you're confusing paypal payments with paypal personal payments - regular paypal payments are allowed here and are the preferred payment method of most sellers.

Using a paypal personal payment for something you bought on eBay is crazy - unlike regular paypal payments, you get zero buyer protection against the item not being as described.

Would like to see what people prefer. I have sold books on here in both style but what so you guys prefer? VCC style with thumbs that take up 2-3 posts or regular with single scans resulting in more posts?

I am liking VCC plus when the actual VCC is here, no need to format it again.

Thanks. So used to using it on ebay, I didn't know about it outside of ebay.

Is there 1 or 2 major accepted forms of payment most here deal with or is it individual type stuff like from whatever particular buyer/seller agree too?

I think you're confusing paypal payments with paypal personal payments - regular paypal payments are allowed here and are the preferred payment method of most sellers.

Using a paypal personal payment for something you bought on eBay is crazy - unlike regular paypal payments, you get zero buyer protection against the item not being as described.

*sigh* I guess I drank all my stupid juice this week. I have been doing too much. Brain not fresh. I didn't even know the difference.