• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

If I see a book for sale that I am not sure about for $100, after thinking about it I post :takeit: only to find after the dude has put the price up to $200, have I got to honor the :takeit: or can I tell him to stick it up his arse, without risking probation ? :insane:

If you put up a :takeit: you should quote the picture and the price. The seller can't change your post, so there shouldn't be any problems

It does not help the seller if they "made a mistake"

I don't really get why sellers delete the prices, but since many do, it saves that information for you at a later date, in case you are like me, and forget what things cost you.

Word up on both points.

Always quote the comic you're buying, and spell out that you're expecting 15% off or whatever may have been offered by the seller in another post.

And I too wonder why sellers remove the price? If nothing else, it's fun and helpful to see what comics go for. Even if it's taken via PM, the asking price is quite useful.

Thanks guys. I like to know what stuff went for also, even if its just to know that I couldn't have afforded it, that stops me stressing out on what I have missed out on. lol

Folks,

Respectfully, can we please stop having so many drive by posts during sales threads?

Things such as:

GLWTS

If i didnt have this book all ready,

If I didnt have to pay this bill,

If I didnt have to go and get crack rock I would be all over it

These type statements, have, to me (and judging by the thread in CG about this although clothed in parody) gotten out of hand.

There are just, in my opinion, too many people making too many comments like this.,

Respectfully,

Arex

I try to avoid FS threads these days. I am afraid the wife might catch me. :grin: If only I hadn't made that promise of no more books this year. :tonofbricks:

About time she got you under control.

I try to avoid FS threads these days. I am afraid the wife might catch me. :grin: If only I hadn't made that promise of no more books this year. :tonofbricks:

About time she got you under control.

This coming from a man who has to open his packages from me in private for fear of getting a possible free Playboy or two :cool:

I've heard of "ball & chain"... but not "chain & chain" :grin:

... well except in certain circles where "gag in mouth" is the way to go :o

I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere, but what is the best most reasonable way to ship a single slab to Canada, less than $100 value? What are the extra forms I need? And what is the total cost? Should I register or get Certificate of Mailing?

Thanks, I'd a appreciate any help.

I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere, but what is the best most reasonable way to ship a single slab to Canada, less than $100 value? What are the extra forms I need? And what is the total cost? Should I register or get Certificate of Mailing?

UPS seemed like one of the more affordable in shipping a slab to Canada, if you want tracking and insurance.

USPS first class international.

regular USPS customs form available at your local PO

I'd pass on the certificate of mailing at less than $100.

$.02

thanks for the help. can someone ballpark me a cost?

UPS seemed like one of the more affordable in shipping a slab to Canada, if you want tracking and insurance.

Please, please, anything but UPS. They charged me a $150 customs border broker fee for a $500 book. USPS and Fedex are both reasonable.

Please, please, anything but UPS. They charged me a $150 customs border broker fee for a $500 book. USPS and Fedex are both reasonable.

Oh my!

I had never received follow-up negative feedback from the experience before. This is good to know.

Oh my!

I had never received follow-up negative feedback from the experience before. This is good to know.

:thumbsup:

UPS hoses Canadians with a custom border agent fee on top of the 5% GST tax. Canada Post and Fedex charge around $10 on top of the 5% GST tax. They got me once but I will never accept another package shipped via UPS, may they rot in hell.

Good knowledge. I will hit my local USPS tomorrow to get more info. Anyone know if the slabbed comic fits comfortably in the small flat rate box?