• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Not what you were after?

I'm not surprised.

Right.

So, I'm guessing you're still upset about me giving you because you defended solarcadet...is that the issue?

If you're able, I'd rather just squash it now.

Not what you were after?

I'm not surprised.

Right.

So, I'm guessing you're still upset about me giving you because you defended solarcadet...is that the issue?

If you're able, I'd rather just squash it now.

I understand your views are your own on 'the company we keep'. I was just pointing out your manner of speaking to people who don't share your views could use a little tweaking. Heck, we're here to talk about a subject we all love, and each post doesn't have to be twisted into some type of attack or imagined slight.

Perhaps my New Years resolution should be to stop being over-sensitive, and yours could be to consider being less abrupt.

You're right that this issue has been a burr in my saddle, and you're also right that I should let it go. It is what it is, consider it smooshed.

I don't like the precedent that TheMightyMidget is trying to establish here... that is, the argument that as long as copper/modern books are technically offered as freebies, it's not a rules violation to put them in G/S/B (see the G/S/B thread HERE ). So, if books are placed in the wrong area, the mods should not move the thread if the incorrectly placed books are offered as freebies (and there are 3 of them in there...not 1, as indicated in the initial post...so, 20% of the books in that thread are C/M)? What? I disagree. Don't get the logic...actually, there is no logic offered. Thoughts on this concept?

And the most flummoxing thing is that TheMightyMidget actually (appropriately) has a concurrent thread established in C/M! Why not just put them there?

Why, oh why, oh why does this have to be so complicated?

m1323.gif

Ok, so let me make a quick post on my behalf if I may. So obviously I'm new here and with that comes a little bit of a learning curve. I've bought a lot of books recently and have watched as new sellers constantly get bashed when they don't do it quite right. I haven't really been bashed yet, thank God, but being a new seller can be a daunting task!

I have studied how to sell correctly and I honestly thought I had all my t's crossed and i's dotted. When it was moved I was a little shocked since Dale's thread has mixed books as well. I also understand that he is a seasoned veteran and with that comes leeway. And lastly I totally feel where your coming from. You've been here for awhile, know how things should and shouldn't go and are totally justified getting perturbed with new boardies mucking it up from time to time.......

So I really thought I was doing it right by putting the correct books into the correct threads. As far as the freebies, I thought that would be fun and draw people in. The TT44 was happily claimed as was the Silver Spider-Man.

I promise I'm trying to do things right and I can also promise I only make mistakes once. I'd also like to thank a few seasoned members who have been very helpful with me and trying to keep me on the road to doing things correctly!!!

I've had a great time here so far, have some fun budding relationships already and I hope to become a valued member of this society. I sincerely apologize if I didn't get it quite right the first time and I promise to do a better job next time. :blush:

- Drew

I don't like the precedent that TheMightyMidget is trying to establish here... that is, the argument that as long as copper/modern books are technically offered as freebies, it's not a rules violation to put them in G/S/B (see the G/S/B thread HERE ). So, if books are placed in the wrong area, the mods should not move the thread if the incorrectly placed books are offered as freebies (and there are 3 of them in there...not 1, as indicated in the initial post...so, 20% of the books in that thread are C/M)? What? I disagree. Don't get the logic...actually, there is no logic offered. Thoughts on this concept?

And the most flummoxing thing is that TheMightyMidget actually (appropriately) has a concurrent thread established in C/M! Why not just put them there?

Why, oh why, oh why does this have to be so complicated?

m1323.gif

Ok, so let me make a quick post on my behalf if I may. So obviously I'm new here and with that comes a little bit of a learning curve. I've bought a lot of books recently and have watched as new sellers constantly get bashed when they don't do it quite right. I haven't really been bashed yet, thank God, but being a new seller can be a daunting task!

I have studied how to sell correctly and I honestly thought I had all my t's crossed and i's dotted. When it was moved I was a little shocked since Dale's thread has mixed books as well. I also understand that he is a seasoned veteran and with that comes leeway. And lastly I totally feel where your coming from. You've been here for awhile, know how things should and shouldn't go and are totally justified getting perturbed with new boardies mucking it up from time to time.......

So I really thought I was doing it right by putting the correct books into the correct threads. As far as the freebies, I thought that would be fun and draw people in. The TT44 was happily claimed as was the Silver Spider-Man.

I promise I'm trying to do things right and I can also promise I only make mistakes once. I'd also like to thank a few seasoned members who have been very helpful with me and trying to keep me on the road to doing things correctly!!!

I've had a great time here so far, have some fun budding relationships already and I hope to become a valued member of this society. I sincerely apologize if I didn't get it quite right the first time and I promise to do a better job next time. :blush:

- Drew

Seems like you're doing fine, Drew. (thumbs u (that's a sincere thumbs up, not an insincere thumbs up) I was just curious what others thought about the freebie thing...that was a pretty new innovation, and I was just thinking out loud about how that interacts with the rules, given all of the recent discussion. The sense seems to be that freebies are OK, and that's probably right, I suppose....

Also, I'm still pretty new around here myself (I wasn't even eligible for the gift exchange this year :( ) , and similarly still trying to figure things out...

Edited by edowens71

I will be here to call you out on your BS. Sounds like trolling to me, but since you feel it's a moral obligation to right the wrongs of certain members I feel compelled to do the same.

Actually I don't care enough, I just think it's important you be reminded of the type of individual you are. (shrug)

Lastly, stop with the accusations of being homophobic. You accused me of the same thing, without a stitch of merit, and it only makes you look desperate. You can get your counter punch in but I'm finished with you.

Boy Park, he sure put you in your place with that one :ohnoez:

:lol:

What's up baby boy, do you wait for Daddy to leave the room, before you poke your head out from Mama Park's skirt? You can't help but try and get me to notice you; ok boo boo I'm listening.

I think you'll be happier if you just stop toggling everything I say. FYI, being involved in the Secret Santa infrastructure doesn't make you any less of a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. (thumbs u

I think I'll be happier when you can stop quoting me and looking for attention.

Also, I'll make an exception to the deadline and allow you to join the festivities if you'd like. It's a really great way for members to constructively interact and share their hobby.

In the guidelines, it says this:

9.List acceptable forms of payment (NOTE: Personal PayPal payment is NOT allowed as a listed option in your post as it is not appropriate for item purchases.)

Obviously, Paypal is being used here, so what does this rule mean? How is it different than what is being advertised in the vast majority of posts here?

Thank you!

Edited by NTHstars

Please redirect this question to the general discussions area ( CLICK HERE ) and delete this thread from the sales area, and we can elaborate if necessary.

edit: when I wrote this, the thread was a standalone thread in G/S/B...the mods moved everything over here. Thought I'd clarify, otherwise this looks :screwy:

Edited by edowens71

In the guidelines, it says this:

9.List acceptable forms of payment (NOTE: Personal PayPal payment is NOT allowed as a listed option in your post as it is not appropriate for item purchases.)

Obviously, Paypal is being used here, so what does this rule mean? How is it different than what is being advertised in the vast majority of posts here?

Thank you!

Paypal personal is an option that is only to be used to send money to family or friends. The receiver of the payment does not get any fees taken out of the amount sent from the buyer.

Regular paypal payments, which is what is being used here, send the money to the seller, but with the fees taken out of the amount that the buyer sent.

Paypal personal was dis-allowed as a payment option because it is against the Paypal terms of service, and also leaves the sender with no recourse if the transaction goes bad, because there is no buyer protection when using paypal personal.

I guess it's a semantics issue for me. What's the difference between goods and services, and items? In every day speak, the difference is not obvious. Thanks for the help, just trying to get my first post together in the right way.

When you make a payment in PayPal, you can do so under one of two classifications...(1) paying for goods and services, or (2) sending money to family and friends.

If you use PayPal to make a payment for a purchase of any good, item, service...whatever you want to call it...you are supposed to use classification (1), and PayPal charges a fee (roughly 3%) which reduces the amount of money the seller receives. PayPal is a for profit business, and they provide a valuable service for which they are entitled to this fee.

As part of its business model, PayPal decided to provide the ability to send money to friends and family for things unrelated to the purchase of goods or services, with NO FEE...these types of gratuitous monetary transfers fall under category (2)...it is category (2) that is often referred to as PayPal "Personal." Requesting the use of that method is what is technically forbidden on the boards, because comics or any other item that is sold here are unambiguously "goods." Many buyers/sellers of goods, items or services are tempted to use the "Personal" classification to avoid the fee...however, doing so is strictly against PayPal rules...and some would call it worse than that.

edit: joeycgcmaniac was faster on the draw than me lol

Edited by edowens71

Again, please redirect the question to the above link I provided, delete this thread, and I'll give you an answer.

It is in the general discussion area you linked to. :baiting:

It wasn't here 5 minutes ago...it was a standalone thread in G/S/B...the mods moved everything over, including my request to move.. lol

Edited by edowens71

I will be here to call you out on your BS. Sounds like trolling to me, but since you feel it's a moral obligation to right the wrongs of certain members I feel compelled to do the same.

Actually I don't care enough, I just think it's important you be reminded of the type of individual you are. (shrug)

Lastly, stop with the accusations of being homophobic. You accused me of the same thing, without a stitch of merit, and it only makes you look desperate. You can get your counter punch in but I'm finished with you.

What's up baby boy, do you wait for Daddy to leave the room, before you poke your head out from Mama Park's skirt? You can't help but try and get me to notice you; ok boo boo I'm listening.

I think you'll be happier if you just stop toggling everything I say. FYI, being involved in the Secret Santa infrastructure doesn't make you any less of a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. (thumbs u

Also, I'll make an exception to the deadline and allow you to join the festivities if you'd like. It's a really great way for members to constructively interact and share their hobby.

I think i'lll be happier when you come up with some new material ( unlikely ).

I wouldn't join the festivities as long as you're involved.

Edited by Logan510

I think i'lll be happier when you come up with some new material ( unlikely ).

I wouldn't join the festivities as long as you're involved.

Sorry to hear that. Many members feel it's one of the highlights of the board. You can also make a donation to the raffle and participate in the drawing. Let me know if you change your mind.

Merry Christmas