• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Apparently in 2013 it is. With all the button humping going on. It would almost be fitting if they did shut down the sales areas. :facepalm:

Make sure you get the knife in there good and deep button humpers, cut that goose that keeps laying the golden eggs and get them out even faster.

Apparently you're not with the times. How long does 2013 last for you?

Long enough to ship out a Goosebumps book.

HOLLA!

Then head down to the PO and ship him a Goosebumps. I'm sure he'll pay you later. (thumbs u

Apparently in 2013 it is. With all the button humping going on. It would almost be fitting if they did shut down the sales areas. :facepalm:

Make sure you get the knife in there good and deep button humpers, cut that goose that keeps laying the golden eggs and get them out even faster.

Apparently you're not with the times. How long does 2013 last for you?

Long enough to ship out a Goosebumps book.

HOLLA!

Then head down to the PO and ship me a him a Goosebumps. I'm sure he'll pay you later. (thumbs u

Here he is Jeff...sending you the $22 from NY! Didn't you get it?

throwing-money.gif

If Columbia Comics would have made this comment, it would have been a strike and everyone would be calling it Thread poop and asking for his head

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7377190#Post7377190

and here it is in case it gets poofed

You tend to grade pretty harshly in the VG to FN range, most of your VG look like (at least) VG+/VGF and some of your FN look like FVF. Of course you have to have the books in hand, but they look great. (thumbs u

Shhh. Don't tell everyone!

I’m just trying to be fair, as more accurate grading is always better for both parties.

To balance that, I must admit that a few books in the FVF/VF- range appear very slightly overgraded, but it is hard to tell from scans only.

Andy’s grading is spot on (safely a bit undergraded, like I tend to do), but everyone has its "weak spot" where he undergrades. Mine tends to be in the G+ to VG- range – they are all G/G+ to me… lol

You are wrong. It won't get poofed. They clearly know one another and are merely conversing about grading books. This is what used to happen all the time before the selling threads became a freak show of kvetching, hand-wringing and teeth clenching. If you look for a ghost behind every tree, you'll find one.

:shy: closest thing I could find to a ghost behind a tree

to be fair, if I knew neither I would be hesitant to buy any books in this thread as someone already pointed out he's over grading.

to be fair #2 - i personally rely on my own grading despite what most folks put on along with their scans and these comments would not affect me nor would the others that have been posted

Regardless of threadcrapping, everybody is pointing to this about overgrading. Wasn't it about undergrading, and meant in a positive?

That's how I read it. (shrug)

It started off saying hey that looks undergraded and then followed it with except I think your others are overgraded. looks like your grading skills are weak in that area. mine are strong in that area compared to yours.

If Columbia Comics would have made this comment, it would have been a strike and everyone would be calling it Thread poop and asking for his head

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7377190#Post7377190

and here it is in case it gets poofed

You tend to grade pretty harshly in the VG to FN range, most of your VG look like (at least) VG+/VGF and some of your FN look like FVF. Of course you have to have the books in hand, but they look great. (thumbs u

Shhh. Don't tell everyone!

I’m just trying to be fair, as more accurate grading is always better for both parties.

To balance that, I must admit that a few books in the FVF/VF- range appear very slightly overgraded, but it is hard to tell from scans only.

Andy’s grading is spot on (safely a bit undergraded, like I tend to do), but everyone has its "weak spot" where he undergrades. Mine tends to be in the G+ to VG- range – they are all G/G+ to me… lol

You are wrong. It won't get poofed. They clearly know one another and are merely conversing about grading books. This is what used to happen all the time before the selling threads became a freak show of kvetching, hand-wringing and teeth clenching. If you look for a ghost behind every tree, you'll find one.

:shy: closest thing I could find to a ghost behind a tree

to be fair, if I knew neither I would be hesitant to buy any books in this thread as someone already pointed out he's over grading.

to be fair #2 - i personally rely on my own grading despite what most folks put on along with their scans and these comments would not affect me nor would the others that have been posted

Regardless of threadcrapping, everybody is pointing to this about overgrading. Wasn't it about undergrading, and meant in a positive?

That's how I read it. (shrug)

It started off saying hey that looks undergraded and then followed it with except I think your others are overgraded. looks like your grading skills are weak in that area. mine are strong in that area compared to yours.

lol My kung fu is the best!

Can the mods see who the person is humping a button? hm If so, I can imagine that if someone is constantly doing it, the mods will just start to disregard their button humping after awhile and treat them as an overly sensitive person.

:whistle:

-slym

Can the mods see who the person is humping a button? hm If so, I can imagine that if someone is constantly doing it, the mods will just start to disregard their button humping after awhile and treat them as an overly sensitive person.

-slym

Speak up. :baiting:

Can the mods see who a notifier is? Are you an overly sensitive person? Do you think I am? Do you agree? Disagree? I don't know what :whistle: is.

:D

-slym

Speak up. :baiting:

Can the mods see who a notifier is? Are you an overly sensitive person? Do you think I am? Do you agree? Disagree? I don't know what :whistle: is.

:D

Breathe n00b you are starting to sound AWESOME

From what I understand - yes, the mods know who is humping the button. I believe someone is known for humping the button, but since the boardies who are also mods aren't known and won't be known, the rest of us will have to speculate on if that is true or not.

:foryou:

-slym

He really wants to sell those books?

-slym

He really wants to sell those books?

-slym

Just curious. Whenever I see some deals (or what I perceive to be) and no one is jumping, then I think red flag. Just wanted to confirm that's what the veterans thought. Just trying to learn.