• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

What the details are between a buyer and a seller is no one else's business. What's in the best interests of everyone is that it stays that way. A right to privacy is part of our constitution for a reason. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Most people don't realize there's no express right to privacy in the Constitution.

We were a country for well over 100 years before court cases even hinted that there might be a right to be divined through cobbling pieces of the document together, but there's still nothing there that expressly gives us the right to privacy. It wasn't until the mid-60's that the supreme court came up with a way to say that married couples could use contraception in the privacy of their own home.

The right to privacy is a topic that has been discussed in the WC from time to time, from a 'big brother / government POV.

Some people believe the right to privacy shouldn't exist, the reasoning being that if you aren't doing something wrong you have nothing to worry about. I tend to agree although I also worry about corruption and misuse of that information.

But as far a comics go, it's an emotional hobby. We've probably all been bent out of shape over a deal at one point or another. I know l have unfortunately.

... to me there's a big difference between Government oversight in the name of National Security and every Tom, , and Harry having the right to know details of my life and endeavors. GOD BLESS....

Didn't mean to come off as pedantic, but whenever privacy comes up it takes me back to the shock I had in law school learning how few privacy rights we have, how recently we got them, and how there's so little in our most important documents speaking right to that topic.

It was a reflex when I saw that post.

Filthy pedant.

What the details are between a buyer and a seller is no one else's business. What's in the best interests of everyone is that it stays that way. A right to privacy is part of our constitution for a reason. GOD BLESS...

Most people don't realize there's no express right to privacy in the Constitution.

We were a country for well over 100 years before court cases even hinted that there might be a right to be divined through cobbling pieces of the document together, but there's still nothing there that expressly gives us the right to privacy. It wasn't until the mid-60's that the supreme court came up with a way to say that married couples could use contraception in the privacy of their own home.

The ninth amendment begs to differ:

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

The ninth amendment begs to differ:

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

What section covers penalties for animated gif abuse?

The mob with the pitchforks and torches wasn't enough?

lol

I think the ninth amendment covers it. Animated gifs are mentioned the same amount of times as privacy.

lol

I think the ninth amendment covers it. Animated gifs are mentioned the same amount of times as privacy.

I used to think so too.

lol

lol

Just for the record, even though I give you a hard time about it, I try to do it in a good natured fun way I hope. :foryou:

I think if you're called out on a timestamp via PM dispute....you should screen shot.

Otherwise you look shady.

.... I'm not even sure how to DO a screen shot, much less to black out segments of it. I'm a dinosaur. However, if someone confronted me about a PM sale, I would view that as a question of my integrity, which I do not accept lightly. GOD BLESS....

More importantly, the seller has ZERO obligation to prove anything.

These are comic book sales, people. Not matters of nationall security. If you miss out on a cheap book suck it up and move on.

Exactly. Roger66's pouting is not a reason to throw this purchase into suspicion. It certainly doesn't merit this mountain of a molehill discussion we've been having.

Just for the record, even though I give you a hard time about it, I try to do it in a good natured fun way I hope. :foryou:

No worries.

It was very frustrating when everyone was piling on earlier but everything is cool.

The ideas that weren't working have been tried out and discarded.

Nothing like a few big sales to make everything feel better.

I think if you're called out on a timestamp via PM dispute....you should screen shot.

Otherwise you look shady.

.... I'm not even sure how to DO a screen shot, much less to black out segments of it. I'm a dinosaur. However, if someone confronted me about a PM sale, I would view that as a question of my integrity, which I do not accept lightly. GOD BLESS....

More importantly, the seller has ZERO obligation to prove anything.

These are comic book sales, people. Not matters of nationall security. If you miss out on a cheap book suck it up and move on.

Exactly. Roger66's pouting is not a reason to throw this purchase into suspicion. It certainly doesn't merit this mountain of a molehill discussion we've been having.

.... if I know Roger, I'd say he's probably moved on. I'm fairly confidant he won't be going postal over it...... GOD BLESS....

No worries.

It was very frustrating when everyone was piling on earlier but everything is cool.

The ideas that weren't working have been tried out and discarded.

Nothing like a few big sales to make everything feel better.

If more boardies could be as sanguine as you about issues, it'd be a calmer place. But probably less entertaining. :banana:

If more boardies could be as sanguine as you about issues, it'd be a calmer place. But probably less entertaining. :banana:

Thanks. (thumbs u

I like the idea that the coolest cat on the boards has the name "Dr. Chaos",

xxx ooo

Rupp

Thanks. (thumbs u

I like the idea that the coolest cat on the boards has the name "Dr. Chaos",

xxx ooo

Rupp

That is pretty funny and I have to say he did take it all in stride!