• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Should threadcrapping be a punishable offense?? It seems to happen all the time and nothing is ever done...

If it's actual threadcrapping and not being warned of a scam then yes, mods should be notified and people have received wrist slaps for threadcrapping.

The problem isn't with the seller and his setup. It's with the list of people who think they are owed an explanation.

Haven't we learned by now that some sellers are not lying and sales are indeed made via PM

For all this talk of "community" some folks are so quick to believe the worst in people.

The problem isn't with the seller and his setup. It's with the list of people who think they are owed an explanation.

Haven't we learned by now that some sellers are not lying and sales are indeed made via PM

For all this talk of "community" some folks are so quick to believe the worst in people.

I think some people just love to pull out pitchforks.

Yuuuuuup!!

And some believe this is a community. lol

Yuuuuuup!!

And some believe this is a community. lol

Roy does

Then don't you believe that: :takeit: trumps any pm's ??

As someone just mentioned in the general thread, this is the risk you take for haggling a lower price.

Quite honestly I'd be pissed if I had "takeit" to that 169'.

I just got a book from him today on s deal done by pm. It's a great copy of FF 67 that was at an attractive price. He knew I was interested after I missed the copy that Roy bought in the thread, so he messaged me about another copy. Good seller in my (one) experience with him.

I just got a book from him today on s deal done by pm. It's a great copy of FF 67 that was at an attractive price. He knew I was interested after I missed the copy that Roy bought in the thread, so he messaged me about another copy. Good seller in my (one) experience with him.

I assume you are talking about the seller in the original thread and not me

Then don't you believe that: :takeit: trumps any pm's ??

As someone just mentioned in the general thread, this is the risk you take for haggling a lower price.

Quite honestly I'd be pissed if I had "takeit" to that 169'.

my sales rules are these

First :takeit: (or variation of I'll take it) posted in thread wins or via PM wins. Timestamp deciding factor.

I refuse to sell to those on my personal do not sell list

I have not had any issues. These are my rules for my thread which I feel comfortable with. If I should run into an issue or see a better way of handling it, then I'll adjust.

That being said, my rules aren't for everyone, nor do I expect people to do what I do.

People can sell how they want, when they want.

If I were the one with the :takeit: in that thread and found out I lost, I probably would have PMed the seller and moved on.

I've had several instances where I technically won books from others but didn't make a fuss. Plenty of books to go around. I'd rather just wait for the next one.