• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I think if you're called out on a timestamp via PM dispute....you should screen shot.

Otherwise you look shady.

Anyone who believes it looks shady should probably watch less Xfiles.

I have had a lot of things going on the last couple of days. Where is this thread in question?

poof.

I had the last post and mentioned something about levels of Zlib compression that defied Mortal Comprehension. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I think if you're called out on a timestamp via PM dispute....you should screen shot.

Anyone who believes it looks shady should probably watch less Xfiles.

I have had a lot of things going on the last couple of days. Where is this thread in question?

poof.

I had the last post and mentioned something about levels of Zlib compression that defied Mortal Comprehension. GOD BLESS...

:bump:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8859873&fpart=1

Generated in 0.626 seconds in which 0.611 seconds were spent on a total of 16 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

:takeit: or PM has been the rule used by most sellers for quite a while now.

:takeit: trumps all puts alot of pressure on a seller to get the taken by PM up before someone else can post :takeit:

Negotiations via PM have been used to sell a lot of books for the benefit of buyers and sellers.

Like it or not, if a book sells by PM we are just going to have to take the seller's word for it.

If you want different rules for your own sales thread that's fine but I don't think a rule change for everyone would do more harm than good.

Not to be mean, but the larger font on your threads just strikes me as odd. As a result, I don't read your posts.

Sorry...

:takeit: trumps all puts alot of pressure on a seller to get the taken by PM up before someone else can post :takeit:

Negotiations via PM have been used to sell a lot of books for the benefit of buyers and sellers.

Like it or not, if a book sells by PM we are just going to have to take the seller's word for it.

If you want different rules for your own sales thread that's fine but I don't think a rule change for everyone would do more harm than good.

Not to be mean, but the larger font on your threads just strikes me as odd. As a result, I don't read your posts.

Sorry...

At least he didn't hyperlink his comments with animated dancing gifs. :insane:

Sorry...

I'm an older poster..... could you please speak up ? ....... I dropped my hearing aid in my martini while chasing the wife around the coffee table..... GOD BLESS....

Sorry...

At least he didn't hyperlink his comments with animated dancing gifs. :insane:

Some of us can learn from our mistakes.

.... I'm not even sure how to DO a screen shot, much less to black out segments of it. I'm a dinosaur. However, if someone confronted me about a PM sale, I would view that as a question of my integrity, which I do not accept lightly. GOD BLESS....

More importantly, the seller has ZERO obligation to prove anything.

These are comic book sales, people. Not matters of nationall security. If you miss out on a cheap book suck it up and move on.

.... I'm not even sure how to DO a screen shot, much less to black out segments of it. I'm a dinosaur. However, if someone confronted me about a PM sale, I would view that as a question of my integrity, which I do not accept lightly. GOD BLESS....

More importantly, the seller has ZERO obligation to prove anything.

These are comic book sales, people. Not matters of nationall security. If you miss out on a cheap book suck it up and move on.

:applause:

Again, I don't think so. However, sellers make unnecessary duress for themselves if they say that "taking it" in the thread trumps all as there is that race to run to the thread. Sellers can make it easier if they just go by the timestamp. If I post a book before bedtime and I log in the next day to see that someone took it in the thread and someone sent a PM saying that they would take it. Honor the time stamp.

Again, I don't think so. However, sellers make unnecessary duress for themselves if they say that "taking it" in the thread trumps all as there is that race to run to the thread. Sellers can make it easier if they just go by the timestamp. If I post a book before bedtime and I log in the next day to see that someone took it in the thread and someone sent a PM saying that they would take it. Honor the time stamp.

It comes across to me as simple greed.

"I am sorry. I know we made a deal but someone else wanted to pay more. They used the :takeit: loop hole I set up against the possibility that I could squeeze out a couple of extra dollars -- regardless of your good faith negotiations. Thank you for playing."

"I am sorry. I know we made a deal but someone else wanted to pay more. They used the :takeit: loop hole I set up against the possibility that I could squeeze out a couple of extra dollars -- regardless of your good faith negotiations. Thank you for playing."

Exactly... the :takeit: in a thread is a way to wait out a PM deal to see if you can get more in the thread.

New Commandment: Honor Thy Time Stamp

I think it would be fun to show a properly blurred out screen shot to validate my integrity. It would make the accusers eat crow. (shrug)

Dan

And just feed the mob for the next time.

The 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll.

I think it would be fun to show a properly blurred out screen shot to validate my integrity. It would make the accusers eat crow. (shrug)

Dan

And show the time stamp again... Takes about 40 seconds.

Dan

Dan

And show the time stamp again... Takes about 40 seconds.

Dan

40 seconds he owes nobody. (thumbs u