• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

.... I have several customers who prefer to remain anonymous and purchase via PM only..... one of them actually has "0" post count. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

exactly. i have a repeat customer who has been registered for over 10 years and has a post count of 1- smart man.

.... I have several customers who prefer to remain anonymous and purchase via PM only..... one of them actually has "0" post count. GOD BLESS...

exactly. i have a repeat customer who has been registered for over 10 years and has a post count of 1- smart man.

Very smart man.

The problem isn't with the seller and his setup. It's with the list of people who think they are owed an explanation.

Haven't we learned by now that some sellers are not lying and sales are indeed made via PM

For all this talk of "community" some folks are so quick to believe the worst in people.

I just got a book from him today on s deal done by pm. It's a great copy of FF 67 that was at an attractive price. He knew I was interested after I missed the copy that Roy bought in the thread, so he messaged me about another copy. Good seller in my (one) experience with him.

I assume you are talking about the seller in the original thread and not me

Yes, I mean Igor.

The problem isn't with the seller and his setup. It's with the list of people who think they are owed an explanation.

Haven't we learned by now that some sellers are not lying and sales are indeed made via PM

For all this talk of "community" some folks are so quick to believe the worst in people.

I think some people just love to pull out pitchforks.

Yuuuuuup!!

And some believe this is a community. lol

A few more birthday threads will right the balance

Yuuuuuup!!

I feel like I am part of a community of about 6 collectors here where we all seem to trust each other...well, maybe 8 hm ...we buy and sell with each other via PM without ever running sales threads, send each other personal checks, trade books...it's awesome. Other than that, not so much.

Yuuuuuup!!

I feel like I am part of a community of about 6 collectors here where we all seem to trust each other...well, maybe 8 hm ...we buy and sell with each other via PM without ever running sales threads, send each other personal checks, trade books...it's awesome. Other than that, not so much.

One would think more goes on behind the scenes here compared to what is actually posted for everyone to read.

I think a lot of us have groups of boardies that we are close to and trust just like regular friends. That's not even counting the ones that actually are able to hang out off the boards. In way, wouldn't that be a community? lol

I think a lot of us have groups of boardies that we are close to and trust just like regular friends. That's not even counting the ones that actually are able to hang out off the boards. In way, wouldn't that be a community? lol

You made me cry! :cry: I'm so touched... :cry:

Here are my thoughts if they matter...

I advertise that timestamp trumps all either in the thread or through PM.

I have a practice in which I will continue to utilize to refer to the time stamp that a deal was completed. There have been a few things that I have sold directly through PM. Someone will PM me and simply say, I will take the item.

I go by the timestamp.

If I come home from work, and see a PM that says take it and that was sent before someone said that they would take it in the thread, I honor whoever was first.

However, IF I am ever called out on it. I will screen cap the PM and edit out (by blurring) the name of the boardie and his avatar in order to protect their identity.

If someone thinks I am capable of going through all the hoops to fake something like that though, that is someone I do not want to do business with anyway.

Again though, there seems to be a lot of drama going on with selling books over here lately.

And what's been going on with a certain someone lately? I saw that thread that was zapped as well.

I think if you're called out on a timestamp via PM dispute....you should screen shot.

Otherwise you look shady.

.... I'm not even sure how to DO a screen shot, much less to black out segments of it. I'm a dinosaur. However, if someone confronted me about a PM sale, I would view that as a question of my integrity, which I do not accept lightly. GOD BLESS....

I think if you're called out on a timestamp via PM dispute....you should screen shot.

.... I'm not even sure how to DO a screen shot, much less to black out segments of it. I'm a dinosaur. However, if someone confronted me about a PM sale, I would view that as a question of my integrity, which I do not accept lightly. GOD BLESS....

Command, Shift, 3 at the same time or in that order on a Mac.

iPhone, Home Button and Power button same time.

(thumbs u

:takeit: or PM has been the rule used by most sellers for quite a while now.

:takeit: trumps all puts alot of pressure on a seller to get the taken by PM up before someone else can post :takeit:

Negotiations via PM have been used to sell a lot of books for the benefit of buyers and sellers.

Like it or not, if a book sells by PM we are just going to have to take the seller's word for it.

If you want different rules for your own sales thread that's fine but I don't think a rule change for everyone would do more harm than good.

I prefer the command+shift+4 sequence as it allows me to take a screen show of a specific area of the screen.

Then I drag it into iPhoto and hit edit and blur out any personals.

Command, Shift, 3 at the same time or in that order on a Mac.

iPhone, Home Button and Power button same time.

(thumbs u

Take a picture with a disposable camera....wait until all the film has been used.

Take the pictures to be developed.

Mail the pictures via USPS ground and I will scan them at the library, upload them to Photobucket.

Then I'll post them here for you.

Easy, right?

I prefer the command+shift+4 sequence as it allows me to take a screen show of a specific area of the screen.

Then I drag it into iPhoto and hit edit and blur out any personals.

I’m sure Jim does not have a Macintosh – if someone is able to provide the combination of keys for Windows it could be useful for other "dinosaurs"… :D

Anyone who believes it looks shady should probably watch less Xfiles.

Anyone who believes it looks shady should probably watch less Xfiles.

I have had a lot of things going on the last couple of days. Where is this thread in question?